: Distribution Supervisor
: 2425 52nd Ave S.E., Calgary, AB T2C 0A4
: Salary, Full-Time, Permanent
WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
In an industry that is ever-changing, we want a people leader who is agile, forward thinking, and to promote a positive values-based culture. Your core beliefs are to lead by example in your daily work to achieve results and to appreciate the journey in which these successes are achieved. These traits are key contributors to Bimbo Canada’s success! Does this like sound like you?
We aim to nourish, transcend and serve Canada in innovative ways, which is why we create meaningful career opportunities for the best and the brightest. We are currently looking to hire a Distribution Supervisor
to join our Distribution Centre
WHO ARE WE?
Bimbo Canada is a leading producer and distributor of packaged fresh bread and bakery products with brands such as Dempster’s®, Villaggio®, POM®, Bon Matin®, Ben’s®, Healthy Way® and McGavins®. Dempster’s is the national brand leader and a market leader in the health and well-being segment of bread products in Canada.
WHAT YOU’LL BRING:
- Flexibility to work in a shift environment with the ability to work days, afternoons, and night shifts
- Utilize docks, warehouse layout and route truck loading patterns that minimize loading time
- Ensure that all associates are aware of the health and safety issues and principles outlined in the Occupational Health and Safety Act and Regulations and enforce safe operating procedures, GMPs and personal protective equipment
- Develop a constructive work environment through excellent interpersonal and team building skills, open communication, encouraging input and constructive performance management
- Maintain a positive workplace environment while effectively coordinating loading, transport and all other warehouse activities
- Handle and communicate issues to depots, the third-party carriers and dispatch drivers
- Co-ordinates shipping practices to ensure safe product delivery including palletization, load protection and integrity
- Ensure that Key Performance Indicators are in line with company objectives and the ability to measure KP I progress to the team
- Work closely with experienced staff and equipment to help increase efficiencies throughout the warehouse facilities
- Utilize the optimal number of hourly personnel to fulfill service requirements while maximizing productivity and minimizing labour costs
- Maintain an inventory information system to aid in production scheduling
- Effectively handle union relations including the grievance process
- The ability to deal will an extremely fast environment, handling pressure situations and to effectively make quick decisions with accuracy.
- Grade 12 diploma, post-secondary education an asset.
- Food processing/manufacturing warehouse experience or five years’ experience in a related industry
- Supervisory experience; values-driven leadership style
- Proficient computer skills (MS Office, SharePoint, PC Data) and problem-solving aptitude.
- Results-oriented team player.
- Effective communication skills for training and leading associates in a multi-cultural environment.
- Knowledge of good labour/management practices including progressive discipline and positive reinforcement.
- Knowledge of health and safety standards, regulations, supervisory responsibilities and best practices.
- Flexible to work within a three-shift environment.
- Demonstrated ability to schedule associates and production shifts within a multi-shift environment.
If the above sounds like the perfect opportunity for you, then we would love to hear from you – Apply today with your cover letter and resume!
Bimbo Canada is an equal opportunity employer that embraces diversity in the workplace and encourages applications from qualified women, men, visible minorities, aboriginal peoples and persons with disabilities. We welcome applications from all interested individuals; however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
We thank all interested applicants, but only those selected will be contacted. Please note all offers of employment at Bimbo Canada (Formerly Canada Bread Company Limited) are conditional upon the successful completion of a pre-hire background check. This may include anything up to and including a criminal history check, reference checks and/or credit check