Bimbo Canada is Canada’s largest bakery, operating for more than 100 years. It is a leading producer and distributor of fresh packaged breads and snacks with more than 1,000 products across 18 brands Canadians know and love, like Dempster’s®, Stonemill®, Villaggio®, Vachon® cakes and Takis®. Bimbo Canada is proud to feed Canadian families with safe, high-quality products they can trust made by Canadians, for Canadians at 16 bakeries, 14 distribution centres and 191 depots across the country. Bimbo Canada is a wholly owned subsidiary of Grupo Bimbo, the world’s largest baking company. Together, they are nourishing a better world with delicious baked goods and snacks by building a sustainable, highly-productive and deeply-humane company. We are dedicated to building a diverse workplace that promotes equity and belonging, where all associates can develop and contribute to the transformation of our company, the baking industry and our communities. For more, visit www.bimbocanada.com
The Human Relations Administrator position’s primary responsibility will be for supporting recruitment and onboarding initiatives in our Langley operations as well as being responsible for aligning HR objectives with business objectives, interacting with associates and management within the business unit. The position creates partnerships across the HR function to deliver value-added service to management and associates that reflects the business objectives of the organization. This position will be involved in administrative and recruiting initiatives in our Plant and located in Langley, BC.
Skills & Knowledge:
- Will be actively involved in recruiting process.
- Sourcing and screening of candidate
- Schedule and attend in-person interviews
- Conduct reference check and provide feedback
- Facilitate onboarding process for all new recruits
- Provide training to hourly associates on Human Relations processes and policies during the onboarding process.
- Maintain constructive relations with Unions representative, JOHSC Member and local stakeholders
- Utilize job boards, sourcing tools and Human Resources techniques to attract and identify candidates
- Provide effective support to local stakeholders and actively work to achieve continuous improvement in the areas of the Human Relations function
- Other assignments and projects as HR and business needs dictate
Education & Experience:
- Knowledge of HR trends, practices and recruiting.
- Excellent verbal, written, presentation, and interpersonal skills
- Competency in MS Office products: Excel, Work, PowerPoint
- Competency in HRIS system and reporting (Oracle preferred)
- Demonstrates a high sense of urgency and a competitive, leadership edge
- Post-secondary education in business or Human Resources, combined with related experience required
- 1-3 years experience in Human Relations function required, preferably in unionized environments
- Previous experience in Food Manufacturing an asset
- Valid driver’s license required, as some travel is necessary
- Candidate should be extremely service orientated with client groups, including challenging status quo and ability to enter into difficult conversations with others in a professional manner
- Help create and foster a positive work environment through the development, application and evaluation of policies, procedures and programs relating to human relations
- The successful candidate should conduct themselves as a role model of our Grupo Bimbo beliefs and thrive in a culture that recognizes and rewards performance