Bimbo Canada is Canada’s largest bakery, operating for more than 100 years. It is a leading producer and distributor of fresh packaged breads and snacks with more than 1,000 products across 18 brands Canadians know and love, like Dempster’s®, Stonemill®, Villaggio®, Vachon® cakes and Takis®. Bimbo Canada is proud to feed Canadian families with safe, high-quality products they can trust made by Canadians, for Canadians at 16 bakeries, 14 distribution centres and 191 depots across the country. Bimbo Canada is a wholly owned subsidiary of Grupo Bimbo, the world’s largest baking company. Together, they are nourishing a better world with delicious baked goods and snacks by building a sustainable, highly-productive and deeply-humane company. We are dedicated to building a diverse workplace that promotes equity and belonging, where all associates can develop and contribute to the transformation of our company, the baking industry and our communities. For more, visit www.bimbocanada.com
Job safety is the first responsibility of every individual that is part of an operating team. Compliance with safety rules, operating procedures, and sound practices is the expectation for all personnel working in the bakery.
Product safety, legality and quality are essential responsibilities, expected of every employee. Product safety is freeing the product of any contaminants like chemicals, allergens, or foreign materials such as glass, wood or metal. Legality compliance is meeting regulatory requirements (Canada & US if intended for export) in terms of weight and declaration of ingredients. Product quality is meeting customers specifications and expectations.
- Manage day to day activities of the production shift
- Manage lines and associates effectively and resolve immediate issues
- Identify and drive objective and measurable cost saving initiative
- Provide support to lean activities, and meet quality standards as prescribed by Formulation Specifications
- Enforce GMPs and HACCP
- Drive leadership coaching and development with hourly associates
- Responsible for ensuring all associates are aware of operating/ safety procedures
- Maintain the safety of the department to ensure the team works in a safety culture environment
- Use analytical skills to define, justify and implement continuous improvement initiatives
- Ensure customer satisfaction by maintaining product integrity; practicing highest levels of GMP’s and conforming to HACCP pre-requisite program and all associate SOPs.
- Follow job responsibilities as per BRC and other regulatory bodies
- Other duties as described by your manager
Please note all offers of employment at Bimbo Canada conditional upon the successful completion of a pre-hire background check. This may include anything up to and including a criminal history check, reference checks and/or credit check.
- 2-5 years of leadership experience – supervisory or team lead
- Ability to develop and maintain supportive cross functional relationships
- Ability to read and interpret financial and performance reports
- Ability to work Morning, Afternoon, and Night shifts as necessary and to help with team member coverage
- Strong computer skills in MS Office, knowledge and working experience of Oracle, Kronos and other statistical software
- Ability to work under pressure and provide decisive leadership
- Experience in building high functioning team, managing and developing people