Assistant Marketing Manager, Premium Bread
Bimbo Canada (formerly Canada Bread Company, Limited) is a leading producer and distributor of packaged fresh bread and bakery products with brands such as Dempster’s®, Villaggio®, POM®, Bon Matin®, Ben’s®, Vachon®, Hostess®, and Sara Lee®. Dempster’s is the national brand leader and a market leader in the health and well-being segment of bread products in Canada. The company operates 19 bakeries and employs approximately 4,550 associates across Canada. It seeks to create value by leading innovation in products and service delivery in the bakery industry, enhancing distribution services and processes, and continuing to grow premium white and whole grain breads, tortillas, bagels, rye, buns and rolls, and snack cakes.
As an independent business unit of Grupo Bimbo, Bimbo Canada seeks to grow value-added bakery segments by focusing on health and well-being, and penetrating new bakery segments and channels of distribution. The business plans to grow by delivering continued product innovation in other bakery and snacks categories.
Assist in management of premium bread categories which may include portfolio within Stonemill, Oroweat or WW (Weight Watchers). These brands and product portfolios represent key growth segments for Bimbo Canada. This position requires someone who is entrepreneurial, has a passion for food and the consumer, a history of demonstrating problem solving skills, analytical thinking and project management working closely with cross functional stakeholders. As Bimbo Canada Marketing Team, we operate as one functional team including Foodservice, Vachon and Snacking. If a project requires support for a different business unit, one may be required to work on those additional projects as well. Responsibilities will include but will not be limited to the following:
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION:
- Primary responsibility is to develop and implement marketing plans for the Premium Bread portfolio to achieve the overall objectives, such as share leadership, volume & profit targets.
- Strategic planning i.e. business reviews, marketing plans, communication plans, and playbooks (planning with sales)
- Lead project coordination of New Product opportunities including innovation/renovation explorations, packaging improvements, and account presentations
- Periodic/Monthly reporting of business performance to identify key performance drivers, opportunities and potential threats for the brands/segments
- Gather and analyze relevant market data (Nielsen Workstation Plus, Strategic Planner) to identify & action insights as required.
- Manage day-to-day portfolio activity and problem resolution with key functional areas including: global export, purchasing, consumer affairs, master files, finance, product development, regulatory, quality assurance, sales, operations and distribution.
PREFFERED HIRING CRITERIA:
- 1+ years experience in Consumer Packaged Goods Marketing Required undergraduate degree in Business, ideally with major in Marketing
- Superior project management and multi-tasking skill set
- Strong business acumen with excellent financial, analytical, logical & quantitative skills
- Demonstrates strong thought leadership and problem solving abilities
- Strong leadership and ability to build cross-functional and cross-regional teams to achieve shared goals (often including sales, manufacturing, product development, purchasing, distribution & finance)
- Strong presentation & communication skills, both verbal & written
- Must be proactive and performance driven, be able to work under pressure in a fast paced environment
- Adaptable, persistent, strong initiative, results oriented
- Adept with Microsoft Office, AC Nielsen and Web navigation
- Fluency in French and/or Spanish would be an asset