Bimbo Canada is Canada’s largest bakery, operating for more than 100 years. It is a leading producer and distributor of fresh packaged breads and snacks with more than 1,000 products across 18 brands Canadians know and love, like Dempster’s®, Stonemill®, Villaggio®, Vachon® cakes and Takis®. Bimbo Canada is proud to feed Canadian families with safe, high-quality products they can trust made by Canadians, for Canadians at 16 bakeries, 14 distribution centres and 191 depots across the country. Bimbo Canada is a wholly owned subsidiary of Grupo Bimbo, the world’s largest baking company. Together, they are nourishing a better world with delicious baked goods and snacks by building a sustainable, highly-productive and deeply-humane company. We are dedicated to building a diverse workplace that promotes equity and belonging, where all associates can develop and contribute to the transformation of our company, the baking industry and our communities. For more, visit www.bimbocanada.com
The ideal candidate will be responsible to monitor and direct the movement of traffic throughout the shipping department while ensuring that the highest standards of safety. The candidate will need to maintain a high level of staff co-operation, staff morale and high level of safety procedures within a unionized environment.
Educational Background & Work Experience:
- Maintain a safe working environment by directing the team on how to safely navigate around the shipping department.
- Monitor the flow of traffic by safely watching and providing direction to team members.
- Providing a highly visible presence within the Shipping department.
- Undertaking continuous improvement by monitoring team members and making changes accordingly with Management.
- Report to Management team of any safety violations and concerns.
- Maintain a positive workplace environment while effectively coordinating loading, transport and other outbound activities
- Enforce safe operating procedures, GMPs and personal protective equipment.
- The ability to deal with an extremely fast environment, handling pressure situations and to effectively make quick decisions with accuracy.
- The preferred candidate will possess a post-secondary education, preferably in logistics, business, environmental health or occupational safety. A great position for a new graduate.
- Previous experience in a unionized food, dairy, beverage or packaged goods industry would be an asset.
- Ability to successfully use MS office for daily operations.
- The incumbent must be able to demonstrate strong communication, strong-problem solving skills and interpersonal skills.
- Must have the ability to concentrate for extended periods of time and to do repetitive work for an extended period of time.
- Must be willing to work all shifts days/afternoons/nights and weekends on rotational basis.
- Must be knowledgeable and be able to follow and manage GMPs, Food Safety and Health and Safety requirements at all times.