Bimbo Canada is Canada’s largest bakery, operating for more than 100 years. It is a leading producer and distributor of fresh packaged breads and snacks with more than 1,000 products across 18 brands Canadians know and love, like Dempster’s®, Stonemill®, Villaggio®, Vachon® cakes and Takis®. Bimbo Canada is proud to feed Canadian families with safe, high-quality products they can trust made by Canadians, for Canadians at 16 bakeries, 14 distribution centres and 191 depots across the country. Bimbo Canada is a wholly owned subsidiary of Grupo Bimbo, the world’s largest baking company. Together, they are nourishing a better world with delicious baked goods and snacks by building a sustainable, highly-productive and deeply-humane company. We are dedicated to building a diverse workplace that promotes equity and belonging, where all associates can develop and contribute to the transformation of our company, the baking industry and our communities. For more, visit www.bimbocanada.com
Bimbo Canada is looking for a Senior Financial Analyst to support our Financial Planning & Analysis team with a variety of responsibilities, including, but not limited to financial modeling & analysis, variance reporting, closing of period end, forecasting, preparation of the annual budget, and other ad-hoc responsibilities.
- Preparation and review of monthly results, performing root cause variance analysis versus budget, prior year, and other benchmarks as required
- Deep understanding of the business and related period end financial drivers of comprehensive Profit & Loss Statements such as commercial volumes, pricing, margins, manufacturing & logistics spend, SG&A, non-operational income / expenses, capital investments, etc.
- Work closely cross functionally to prepare monthly / quarterly financials, and be able to identify and detail relevant drivers
- Development and presentation of Bimbo Canada’s monthly and quarterly reports
- Communicate business results to Finance leaders and Internal stakeholders
- Accountable for development, production and optimization of information databases and standard reporting
- Train and develop Financial Planning & Analysis team’s financial acumen
- Leverage previous experience and learn to optimize current processes, reporting, daily tasks, etc.
- Other Ad-hoc financial / business projects and reporting as required
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel (including VBA / Macros)
- Possess strong analytical skills and attention to detail
- Ability to communicate clearly with a variety of audiences
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to multi task in a high paced work environment
- Must be a proactive, team player who has the ability to work with limited supervision
- University or College degree in Accounting / Finance / Business
- CPA / CFA designation or enrollment in CPA / CFA Certification Program considered an asset
- Experience in Financial Planning & Analysis and / or consumer packaged goods considered an asset