Signing Bonus of $6,000 to be paid to successful candidates
Flexible, Monthly Rotating Shifts (Must be comfortable with night shift)
Who are we looking for?
We are currently hiring an electrician who will be responsible for installing, maintaining, testing, troubleshooting, and repairing industrial electrical equipment. Associate works both as a member of crew and individually, under minimal supervision, to perform the functions of the job
Who are we?
Bimbo Canada is a leading producer and distributor of packaged fresh bread and bakery products with brands such as Dempster’s®, Villaggio®, POM®, Bon Matin®, Ben’s®, Healthy Way® and McGavins®. Dempster’s is the national brand leader and a market leader in the health and well-being segment of bread products in Canada.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION:
- Comprehensive and flexible company benefits plan
- associate rewards and recognition program
- safety boot reimbursement
- Annual Company sponsored appreciation events
- Associate discount program for major vendors
Completion of high school
- 3-5 years of experience in a highly automated industrial manufacturing environment
- 442A Red Seal Industrial Electrician License or 309A Red Seal Construction & Maintenance Electrician
REQUIRED SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Install, maintain, test, troubleshoot and repair systems and equipment such as:
- Electrical equipment
- microprocessor based systems
- low and medium voltage distribution systems
- Responsible for trouble shooting of machinery to minimize down time; acts upon an intense sense of urgency to on-floor calls and emergencies
- Ensure all work is carried out in accordance with Health & Safety legislation, Company Joint Health & Safety Programs, and Good Manufacturing Practice
- Perform monthly inventory physical count on the maintenance inventory
- Strong electrical, instrumentation, automation, pneumatics experience required
- Medium Voltage, Weigh Scales, Vision Systems, HMI, Siemens S5/S7, Allen Bradley SLC5 PLC, VFD, Servomotors, Profibus / Ethernet Network Communications experience essential.
- Positive attitude with a willingness to learn
- Able to work alone and as a team member
- Excellent communication skills (verbal & written)
- Warm and humid working environment
- Work with chemicals
- Fast-paced manufacturing environment
- Physically demanding, heavy lifting, must be able to handle weight up to 40 lbs