Bimbo Canada is Canada’s largest bakery, operating for more than 100 years. It is a leading producer and distributor of fresh packaged breads and snacks with more than 1,000 products across 18 brands Canadians know and love, like Dempster’s®, Stonemill®, Villaggio®, Vachon® cakes and Takis®. Bimbo Canada is proud to feed Canadian families with safe, high-quality products they can trust made by Canadians, for Canadians at 16 bakeries, 14 distribution centres and 191 depots across the country. Bimbo Canada is a wholly owned subsidiary of Grupo Bimbo, the world’s largest baking company. Together, they are nourishing a better world with delicious baked goods and snacks by building a sustainable, highly productive and deeply-humane company.
We are dedicated to building a diverse workplace that promotes equity and belonging, where all associates can develop and contribute to the transformation of our company, the baking industry and our communities. For more, visit www.bimbocanada.com
Key Position Responsibilities:
Preferred Hiring Criteria:
- Develop and supervise employees and direct production and related activities on a shift.
- Maintain a safe working environment and ensure continued compliance with the Occupational Health and Safety Act, JHSC recommendations or MOL work orders, Company Safety rules and Good Manufacturing Practices.
- Provide performance management counseling and/or progressive discipline in a timely fashion when required.
- Take initiative and exercise timely and good judgment in day-to-day business decisions.
- Learn, develop and exhibit behaviors consistent with Canada Bread’s “Leadership Values”.
- Schedule employees and productions shifts with a multi-shift unionized environment.
- Assist in accident investigation and take an active role in WSIB case management and ensuring early and safe return of injured workers to modified and/or productive duties.
- Focus production efficiency and minimizing plant waste. Maintain and improve product quality standards
- Be flexible, capable and willing to be “hands on” to perform any other technical or production-related task, as the circumstances require.
- Review and analyze product compliance according to the specifications
- Must be knowledgeable and be able to follow GMPs, Food Safety and Health & Safety requirements
- The successful candidate will possess a relevant post secondary education
- Previous experience in a unionized food, dairy, beverage or packaged goods industry is a definite asset
- Superior communication skills in a multi-cultural environment and the ability to deal with a variety of front line industrial relations issues.
- Takes initiative, exercises good judgment in day-to-day business decisions.
- Strong leadership skills
- Knowledge of good labour/management practices including progressive discipline and positive reinforcement techniques.
- Knowledge of health and safety standards, regulations and best practices.
- The flexibility to adapt to a 24 hour, 6 day operation schedule
**This role is on a rotation schedule, rotating weekly and does include Sundays.