- Associate rewards and recognition program
- Annual Company sponsored appreciation events
- Associate discount program for major vendors
Duties & Responsibilities
- Saturday and Sunday
- 7:30 AM - 4:30PM (16 hours/week)
- Responsible for completing tasks assigned from master sanitation program for the facility and for special assignments as determined by the Sanitation Supervisor.
- Help enforce requirements and procedures as instructed by the Sanitation Supervisor.
- Active participant in and contributor to continuous improvement initiatives and/or projects.
- Understand, and experience preparing and effectively utilizing general sanitation chemicals (Safety Handling, Applications, Dilutions), and equipment cleaning requirements on all lines and general housekeeping.
- Apply knowledge of Health and Safety practices, procedures and principles as well as working knowledge of OHSA.
- Ensure all required documentation is completed on timely basis and is accurate.
- Utilize and maintain in-house sanitation cleaning equipment including Foamers, Power washers, Vacuums, Sanitizers, and floor Scrubbers (training provided in house)
- Job tasks often require bending, significant walking, scrubbing above shoulder height, mopping moving objects, pull, push equipment etc.
- Understand, follow and maintain WHMIS procedures and regulations as required.
- Excellent physical condition with good energy and attitude
- Occasional lifting with a partner greater than 50 lbs. up to 75 lbs.
- Occasionally to frequent exerting up to 35 lbs. of force
- Must have ability to troubleshoot equipment within the production environment.
- Strong communication skills, in both verbal and written English
Who are we?
- Working knowledge of baking equipment including flour silos and functions.
- Strong knowledge of Food Safety and HACCP policies and procedures in a food manufacturing facility.
- Forklift, Boom, and Skyjack certification and experience.
- Ability to work overtime as required
Bimbo Canada is a leading producer and distributor of packaged fresh bread and bakery products with brands such as Dempster’s®, Villaggio®, POM®, Bon Matin®, Ben’s®, Healthy Way® and McGavins®. Dempster’s is the national brand leader and a market leader in the health and well-being segment of bread products in Canada