Shift timing: Day Shift, Weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and Tuesday to Thursday
- Comprehensive and flexible company benefits plan
- Associate rewards and recognition program
- Safety boot reimbursement
- Annual Company sponsored appreciation events
- Associate discount program for major vendors
Job: Full time, permanent position with benefits
Hourly Wage: $18/hr
Bimbo Canada is a leading producer and distributor of packaged fresh bread and bakery products with brands such as Dempster’s®, Villaggio®, POM®, Bon Matin®, Ben’s®, Healthy Way® and McGavins®. Dempster’s is the national brand leader and a market leader in the health and well-being segment of bread products in Canada.
Individual is responsible to ship, receive, and record the movements of incoming or outgoing materials. Associate works both as a member of crew and individually, under minimal supervision, to perform the functions of the job. The role requires following instructions and pre-established guidelines.
- Operate a variety of shipping equipment (e.g. Reach Truck) to load, unload, transport, and store materials into appropriate areas (e.g. Trailers)
- Prepare tickets using the computer, Oracle software system
- Maintain internal, manual or computerized record keeping system
- Unpack, breakdown, code, and route goods to appropriate storage areas
- Record shortages and reject damaged goods
- Inspect and verify incoming or outgoing goods against invoices or other documents
- Inspect shipping equipment, machines, and tools; report all malfunctions to supervisors
- Ensure all work is carried out in accordance with Health & Safety legislation, Company Joint Health & Safety Programs, and Good Manufacturing Practices
REQUIRED SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
- Raymond Reach
- Counter Balance
- Working knowledge of English both written and oral
- Mathematical and Computer skills
- Able to work flexible shift as required
- Able to work alone and as a team member
Please note that all applicants that will be considered for this role must be double vaccinated for COVID-19. Successful candidates will also be required to provide proof of their vaccination status during the recruitment process.
- Warm and humid working environment
- Cold working environment as well when loading into freezer
- Fast-paced manufacturing environment, repetitive tasks, and stand for extended hours
- Physically demanding, heavy lifting, must be able to handle weight up to 40 lbs.