Why work for Bimbo Canada?
- Comprehensive and flexible company benefits plan
- Associate rewards and recognition program
- Safety boot reimbursement
- Annual Company sponsored appreciation events
- Associate discount program for major vendors
- Weekly Pay
- Diverse and Inclusive working environment
Bimbo Canada, an independent business unit of Grupo Bimbo (the largest baking company in the world) is a leading producer and distributor of packaged fresh bread and bakery products with brands such as Dempster’s®, Villaggio®, & POM® just to name a few. The company operates 16 bakeries, 15 distribution centres and 191 depots across the country and employ more than 4,200 associates from coast to coast. It seeks to create value by leading innovation in products and service delivery in the bakery industry, enhancing distribution services and processes, and continuing to grow premium white and whole grain breads, tortillas, bagels, rye, buns, and rolls.
- Afternoon/Day Shift
- Monday-Thursdays - 12 hour shifts
- Benefits effective 3 months from start date
- Wage: $18.00/hour
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Understands, reads and helps to achieve the production schedule on time
- Perform all tasks in a safe way ensuring care for everyone around
- Verify product requirements such as: Shape, Color, product specifications
- Verify that the process line control parameters are to standard
- Continually monitor controls to ensure that product is to specification
- Ensures that all products are properly placed in the containers (peel boards, pans, wave trays, perforated trays, etc)
- Continually communicate with Lead hand and supervisor
- Completes duties in accordance with quality assurance, GMPs, safety and other company procedures (hand washing, clean uniform, clean nails, etc).
- Responsible for keeping assigned work area clean and tidy at all times and reporting any potential contamination and suspicious activity to a Lead hand immediately.
- Must meet the physical demands required for the job.
- Ability to consistently demonstrate the skill and ability to efficiently perform duties.
- Ability to work with others
- Good understanding of product requirements, types and varieties.
- Must perform basic mathematical functions.
- Good Communication skills
- Must be prepared to work extra hours when required.
Please note that all applicants that will be considered for this role must be double vaccinated for COVID-19. Successful candidates will also be required to provide proof of their vaccination status during the recruitment process