POSITION TITLE: Production Supervisor
REPORTS TO: Production Manager
This position is responsible for providing direction and leadership to hourly associates, requires a hands-on individual responsible for health & safety, productivity, yields, equipment operation, training, quality and continuous improvement through initiative and guidance of our Lean Manufacturing Program.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Take initiative and exercise timely and good judgment in the day-to-day business decisions and activities.
- Develop, lead and coach employees through effective training and recognition. Direct hourly associates for the efficient operation of the facility.
- Drive key performance indicators for area of responsibility (i.e. line speeds, efficiency, waste, labor costs, compliance to schedule, etc.).
- Keep updated on performance measurements, and apply corrective actions where necessary.
- Work in partnership with the Maintenance department to assist in prevention / rectification of breakdowns.
- Learn, develop and exhibit behaviours consistent with Grupo Bimbo (GB) leadership values.
- Document and maintain accurate records with respect to employee performance, product quality, daily reconciliation, health and safety, and payroll.
- Adhere to Company and AIB standards. Apply as necessary, employee handbook, and hiring processes.
- Provide performance management counseling and/or progressive discipline in a timely fashion manner.
- Play a key role in the development and maintenance of a safety culture. ∙ Ensure effective implementation and maintenance of the Company's safety program by utilizing best practices in safety leadership (orientation, training, observation, correction, positive reinforcement).
- Involvement in safety audits, identification of hazards and corrections, and other preventative approaches.
- Execute accident investigations in a timely and accurate fashion, and carry out any follow up required as a result of the investigation.
- Active involvement and leadership in the implementation and execution of continuous improvement initiatives
- Work in partnership with the Quality Assurance department to prevent and resolve any quality issues. Ensure adherence to all quality requirements including GMP’s, HACCP, SOP’s, specifications etc.
- Flexible, capable and willing to be “hands-on” to perform any other technical or production-related tasks, as the circumstances may require
- University degree or diploma
- 2-3 years of experience in a food processing or manufacturing related industry ∙ Formal technical baking education preferred (AIB)
- Willing to continuously learn and embrace change
- Effective communication skills for training and leading associates in a multi-cultural environment
- Must have a flexible schedule in order to work shifts as well as weekends ∙ Proficient computer skills (Outlook, Excel, Word) and problem-solving aptitude ∙ Results-oriented team player
- Knowledge of health and safety standards, regulations, supervisory responsibilities and best practices
- Demonstrated ability to schedule hourly associates and production shifts within a multi-shift environment
- Minimum of 2 years’ supervisory experience