Bimbo Canada (formerly known as Canada Bread Company, Limited) is a leading producer and distributor of packaged fresh bread and bakery products with brands such as Dempster’s®, Villaggio®, POM®, Bon Matin®, Ben’s®, Healthy Way® and McGavins®. Dempster’s is the national brand leader and a market leader in the health and well-being segment of bread products in Canada. The growth strategy is to focus on market leadership in all commercial bread categories. The company operates 19 bakeries and employs approximately 4,550 associates across Canada. It seeks to create value by leading innovation in products and service delivery in the bakery industry, enhancing distribution services and processes, and continuing to grow premium white and whole grain breads, tortillas, bagels, rye, buns, and rolls.
As an independent business unit of Grupo Bimbo, Bimbo Canada seeks to grow value-added bakery segments by focusing on health and well-being and penetrating new bakery segments and channels of distribution. The business will continue to grow market leadership and margins by investing in the premium whole grain product category, and by delivering continued product innovation in other bakery and snack categories.
Bimbo Canada serves major grocery chains, retail outlets, and foodservice operations across Canada. The company distributes branded products in the discount, mainstream, and super-premium segments, and is the leading producer in most major bakery categories. It also produces private label products for grocery and foodservice outlet.
PLEASE NOTE THIS IS A WORK AT HOME POSITION
Reporting to the Sr. Manager Talent Acquisition, this position is a recruiting role and will be focused on providing support to salaried roles nationally.
The ideal candidate will have a diversified recruitment background within an agency and/or a corporate environment. They will have a proven track record in delivering recruitment services, advice and managing relationships with Supervisors ,Managers, Directors and Vice Presidents. They will source, screen and assess talent in order to provide counsel and recommendations to hiring managers on the best hire. The Recruiter will develop a solid understanding of their assigned businesses and build strong relationships with their hiring manager, HR partners as well as other centres of expertise.
Preferred Hiring Criteria:
- Conduct initial phone screens, setup interviews with HR team and Operational stakeholders
- Full cycle recruitment: Conduct phone screens, schedule pre-employment testing, perform reference and background checks
- Headhunting for permanent salaried roles, operations and corporates roles
- Gain an understanding of various HR processes and recruitment activities to identify opportunities and provide support in the development and implementation of improvements
- Develop and maintain relationships with the business leaders & HR partners to be an advisor and strategize to fill job vacancies
- Conduct a thorough intake conversation with the hiring manager: including diversity, sourcing and be able to capture the essence of the role to effectively write an enticing job description for candidates to view
- Use pro-active sourcing and recruitment practices to find exceptional talent through social media, networking, and other savvy sources related to each role
- Present candidates that are high quality and directly in line with the hiring managers expectations
- Effectively manage the Applicant Tracking System to communicate advancement level of each role
- Liaise with the hiring manager and operation’s team to present offer letters and initiate background checks
- Assist with all other tasks as assigned.
- 2-3 years of recruitment experience highly desired
- Bilingual French-English
- College or University diploma or degree in Human Resources Management preferred or equivalent
- Excellent listening, verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills with a high degree of discretion and tact in handling confidential matters
- Strong organizational and prioritization skills, able to shift priorities and multi task
- Demonstrated ability to work well both independently and as part of a team
- Detail-oriented and persistent with ability to work well under pressure
- Quick learner
- Strong computer proficiency with MS Office suite of applications
- Ontario, Quebec , New Brunswick, BC, Alberta, SK ,MB
Please note all offers of employment at Bimbo Canada Company, Limited are conditional upon the successful completion of a pre-hire background check. This may include anything up to and including a criminal history check, reference checks and/or credit check.
Bimbo Canada Company, Limited is an equal opportunity employer that embraces diversity in the workplace and encourages applications from qualified women, men, visible minorities, aboriginal peoples and persons with disabilities. We welcome applications from all interested individuals; however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job seekers with disabilities who require accommodation during the recruitment process or would like more details about accessibility should contact Bimbo Canada Accessibility at CB_Accessibility@grupobimbo.com