Bimbo Canada is a leader producer and distributor of packaged fresh bread and bakery products with brands such as Dempster’s®, Villaggio®, POM®, Bon Matin®, Ben’s®, Healthy Way® and McGavins®. Dempster’s is the national brand leader and a market leader in the health and well-being segment of bread products in Canada. The growth strategy is to focus on market leadership in all commercial bread categories. The company operates 17 bakeries and employs approximately 4,125 associates across Canada. It seeks to create value by leadership innovation in products and service delivery in the bakery industry, enhancing distribution services and processes, and continuing to grow premium white and whole grain breads, tortillas, bagels, rye, buns and rolls.
As an independent business unit of Grupo Bimbo, Bimbo Canada seeks to grow value-added bakery segments by focusing on health and well-being, and penetrating new bakery segments and channels of distribution. The business will continue to grow market leadership and margins by investing in the premium whole grain product category, and by delivering continued product innovation in other bakery and snack categories.
Bimbo Canada serves major grocery chains, retail outlets and foodservice operations across Canada. The company distributes branded products in the discount, mainstream and super-premium segments, and is the leadership producer in most major bakery categories. It also produces private label products for grocery and foodservice.
Reporting to the VP, Human Relations & Corporate Affairs, a successful candidate will provide a wide variety of administration and support services as they relate to the HR function. The ideal candidate is able to gain the acceptance and credibility from all levels of the organization, and use this influence to effect change throughout the organization. This candidate will consistently exemplify professionalism, appreciate the value of time management, importance of confidentiality and professional communication.
- Provide effective and efficient senior-level administrative support to the VP of Human Relations & Corporate Affairs, and department by:
- Act as key contact person for the VP
- Concise calendar management
- Effectively manage and prioritize emails and incoming calls, handling correspondence in a timely and effective manner
- Develop external and internal presentations to support business requirements
- Responsible for the day-to-day general office management (I.e. maintain online and in-office file confidentiality, ensure the filing systems remains organized and current; order office supplies; computer equipment, etc.)
- Ensure key contact information is updated as changes occur
- Ensure department organization charts are updated as changes occur
- Plan and execute onsite and offsite meetings for internal and external customers (including formal business meetings and special events)
- Prepare correspondence for VP signature; collect packages and material as required by VP and direct reports
- Attend regular HR team meetings, preparing agendas and minutes for distribution
- Responsible for coordinating and communicating organizational bi-weekly announcements
- Support all travel arrangements for the VP and direct reports
- Prepare & submit expenses monthly for the VP, direct reports and self, ensuing adherence to corporate policy
- Authorize spending on Purchasing Card
- Complete invoicing requirements, ensuring invoices are accurate and processed for payment in a timely manner (including but not limited to new vendor set-up, attaining appropriate approvals and follow up with Accounts Payable on payment status for vendor)
- Support departmental budget management rhythms and tracking
- Provide relief EA support as needed, to backfill vacations, etc.
- Provide wide-ranging administrative support on various planning and ad hoc projects, as the HR department and business needs dictate
PREFERRED HIRING CRITERIA:
- Candidate should be extremely service orientated with client groups
- Thrive in a fast-paced, results oriented environment
- Demonstrate a high level of confidentiality
- Help create and foster a positive work environment through the development, application and evaluation of procedures and programs relating to human relations
- 5+ years previous senior administrative experience
- Trilingual : English, French and Spanish
- Post-secondary education in business administrative or Human Resources combined with related experience
- Excellent computer literacy (MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook, OneNote, SAP)
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Superior organization and administrative skills
- Highly professional demeanor, suitable for interaction with senior customer and internal stakeholders
- High standards of ethics, judgment and confidentiality to handle sensitive, confidential information
- Strong self-starter, able to effectively prioritize key tasks and deliverables with limited day-to-day direction
- Solution-oriented thinker, able to resolve conflicting demands in a timely and productive manner
- Positive attitude and respectful approach to others
- Ability to work with and manage highly confidential information
- Clear personal alignment with Canada Bread Company Limited Vision, Mission and Values
Please note all offers of employment at Bimbo Canada are conditional upon the successful completion of a pre-hire background check. This may include anything up to and including a criminal history check, reference checks and/or credit check.
- Environment: Office environment
- Travel Requirements: Some travel may be required between work sites and within the country
- Volume/Complexity of Work: A fast-paced work environment with multiple, tight and changing priorities
- Physical Requirements: Low
- Language: The working language of this position is English. French and Spanish are also required.
Bimbo Canada is an equal opportunity employer that embraces diversity in the workplace and encourages applications from qualified women, men, visible minorities, aboriginal peoples and persons with disabilities. We welcome applications from all interested individuals; however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job seekers with disabilities who require accommodation during the recruitment process or would like more details about accessibility should contact Bimbo Canada Accessibility at CB_Accessibility@grupobimbo.com.
Please note that all applicants that will be considered for this role must be double vaccinated for COVID-19. Successful candidates will also be required to provide proof of their vaccination status during the recruitment process.