Bimbo Canada (formerly Canada Bread Company, Limited) is a leading producer and distributor of packaged fresh bread and bakery products with brands such as Dempster’s®, Villaggio®, POM®, Bon Matin®, Ben’s®, Vachon®, Hostess®, and Sara Lee®. Dempster’s is the national brand leader and a market leader in the health and well-being segment of bread products
Bimbo Canada also has partnerships with retailers and offers a wide selection of private label products. The company operates 19 bakeries and employs approximately 4,550 associates across Canada. It seeks to create value by leading innovation in products and service delivery in the bakery industry, enhancing distribution services and processes, and continuing to grow their relationship with their customers by maintaining current business and growing via innovation in white and whole grain breads, tortillas, bagels, rye, buns and rolls, and snack cakes.
As an independent business unit of Grupo Bimbo, Bimbo Canada seeks to grow their private label business as customers are demanding more innovation. Bimbo Canada must work with their customers to maintain their current PL business and drive growth via innovation.
Canada Bread serves major grocery chains, retail outlets and foodservice operations across Canada. The company distributes branded products in the discount, mainstream and super-premium segments, and is the leading producer in most major bakery categories. Bimbo Canada has strong relationships with their customers and produces a range of private label products for grocery.
Assists the Marketing Manager to lead the private label business and work with our license brands (Sunmaid and WW) to drive growth with our customers. The private label team must work with our senior sales team to develop their customer’s PL plans. It is important for the Assistant Marketing Manager to understand our customer’s private label long term strategy and how this strategy affects the growth of Bimbo Canada. The team in cooperation with operations needs to ensure production thresholds are met by working with cross functional teams at Bimbo Canada. By working with cross functional teams, the private label team will help drive volume in bread categories which may include a portfolio within sliced breads (white, wheat, grains) and meal occasions (hotdog/hamburger buns, tortillas, English muffins, and bagels). The private label business is exceptionally important to Canada Bread as it builds relationships with our customers and keeps our plants filled contributing to capacity efficiency. In addition, this position will manage our license brands which includes WW and Sunmaid. This position requires someone who is entrepreneurial, has a passion for food, the customer and consumer. This position requires someone who has exceptional relationship building skills, strong knowledge of how the Canadian grocery industry operates, strong strategic skills, problem solving skills, business analytical thinking, good communication skills and project management skills (i.e., Working closely with cross functional stakeholders).
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION:
- Primary responsibility is to work with our customer business leaders to assist in the development and implementation of the marketing plans for Private label and license brands to achieve the overall objectives, such as share leadership, volume & profit targets.
- Strategic planning by working with our customer teams to understand the overall strategy of the customer private label business and how to plan new innovation for the year i.e. business reviews, marketing plans, and customer presentations
- Lead project coordination of New Product opportunities including innovation/renovation explorations, packaging improvements, and account presentations
- Periodic/Monthly reporting of business performance to identify key performance drivers, opportunities, and potential threats for the brands/segments
- Gather and analyze relevant market data (Nielsen Workstation Plus, Springboard, margin minder) to identify & action insights as required.
- Manage day-to-day portfolio activity and problem resolution with key functional areas including: purchasing, consumer affairs, master files, finance, product development, regulatory, quality assurance, sales, operations and distribution.
PREFFERED HIRING CRITERIA:
- 1+ years’ experience in Consumer Packaged Goods marketing or retail grocery chain (such as Walmart, Sobeys or Loblaws). Required undergraduate degree in Business, ideally with major in Marketing
- Superior project management and multi-tasking skill set
- Strong business acumen with excellent financial, analytical, logical & quantitative skills
- Demonstrates strong thought leadership and problem-solving abilities
- Strong leadership and ability to build cross-functional and cross-regional teams to achieve shared goals (often including sales, manufacturing, product development, purchasing, distribution & finance)
- Strong presentation & communication skills, both verbal & written
- Must be proactive and performance driven, be able to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- Adaptable, persistent, strong initiative, results oriented
- Adept with Microsoft Office, AC Nielsen, and Web navigation
- Fluency in French and/or Spanish would be an asset