The Supply Chain Planner ensures optimum inventory levels, fill rates and production lean targets are achieved to meet customer needs for their specific plant location by creating an optimized bake plans. The individual must be able to work independently and act as a leader and a member of a team to deliver products to our customers in the most sustainable and profitable way. This individual will require strong organizational, communication and influencing skills.
Preferred Skills and Knowledge
- Create and update the Daily Bake Plans, in the most cost-efficient manner, while ensuring schedules are optimized by correctly sequencing the schedule to meet all deadlines and overall company objectives.
- Update all Planning tools as required for new products, discontinued products, and supply network changes.
- Run DRP, and create appropriate ISOs and deliveries, for all outbound.
- Email the daily bake plans and maintain a continuous flow of communication to all stakeholders.
- Regularly visit the production floor to collect information such as shortages and feedback from the team.
- Participate in cost reduction initiatives and plant projects (Sales Waste, War on Waste, SKU Rat).
- Maintain a constructive and high-performance team environment through excellent interpersonal team building skills, open communication, encouraging input and constructive feedback.
- Work with Product Development Team to support PDP initiatives.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams in Logistics, Marketing, Sales, Operations and Finance as required.
- Bachelor’s Degree or College Diploma in Business or related field.
- APICS CPIM/CSCP certification an asset.
- 2-3 years in a similar Manufacturing Planning role.
- Professional presentation: written and oral communications, organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to work under pressure with tight deadlines
- Strong computer skills: competent with MS Office (Excel) and Oracle.
- High standards of integrity, energy level, and self-motivation.
- Excellent analytical, problem solving, and project management skills – financial/accounting experience an asset.
- Strong customer focus and conflict management skills
- Solid change management and influencing skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Strong problem solving, prioritization, and organization skills with the ability to multi-task and balance priorities.
- Ability to adapt to an ever-changing and fast-paced environment.
- Worked effectively on a virtual team environment.
- Maintained costs and service levels at or below budget expectations.
- Has experience with MRP/MPS/DRP concepts and practices.
- Demonstrated leadership and accountability.
- Sunday – Thursday - 9am to 5pm, shifts may change for business needs.
- Based in Edmonton (possibility to work remote)