The Food Safety & Quality Assurance Technologist should demonstrate leadership values and have good organizational, analytical, problem solving, and communication skills. We rely on this individual to quickly identify gaps and help take action to ensure we are producing top quality and safe products.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION
- Investigate customer and consumer complaints root cause in collaboration with the plant team. Clearly communicate the investigation results to all stakeholders and is involved in complaint reduction projects.
- Track raw material and products non-conformances by filling out required reports and following up with internal stakeholders.
- Assist in maintaining the quality and food safety documentation up to date, including product specifications and formulas.
- Perform inspections related to the food safety and quality system.
- Support the plant team during internal, third party or government inspections and audits.
- Monitor compliance to the quality system by reviewing records related to product quality and food safety. Follow up accordingly in case of non-conformances.
- Provide training to associates on quality and food safety programs.
- Execute tests and controls required through our quality system.
- Provide support to the team in continuous improvement projects, following up on corrective actions and customer requests.
- 2 years’ experience in Food Quality Assurance, with in depth knowledge of HACCP, GFSI (BRC) and Quality Systems, preferably in the food industry.
- B.SC in Food Science or equivalent combination of academic and professional experience.
- Must be team oriented and competent in interpersonal skills.
- Must be able to demonstrate a high level of skill in diagnosis and analysis of data with the ability to draw conclusions and make recommendation for corrective action.
- Willingness to be flexible regarding shift work.
12 Month Contract Position