Bimbo Canada (formerly known as Canada Bread Company, Limited) is a leading producer and distributor of packaged fresh bread and bakery products with brands such as Dempster’s®, Villaggio®, POM®, Bon Matin®, Ben’s®, Healthy Way® and McGavins®. Dempster’s is the national brand leader and a market leader in the health and well-being segment of bread products in Canada. The growth strategy is to focus on market leadership in all commercial bread categories. The company operates 19 bakeries and employs approximately 4,550 associates across Canada. It seeks to create value by leading innovation in products and service delivery in the bakery industry, enhancing distribution services and processes, and continuing to grow premium white and whole grain breads, tortillas, bagels, rye, buns, and rolls.
As an independent business unit of Grupo Bimbo, Bimbo Canada seeks to grow value-added bakery segments by focusing on health and well-being and penetrating new bakery segments and channels of distribution. The business will continue to grow market leadership and margins by investing in the premium whole grain product category, and by delivering continued product innovation in other bakery and snack categories.
Bimbo Canada serves major grocery chains, retail outlets, and foodservice operations across Canada. The company distributes branded products in the discount, mainstream, and super-premium segments, and is the leading producer in most major bakery categories. It also produces private label products for grocery and foodservice outlet.
Reporting to the Sr. Manager Talent Acquisition, this permanent position will be focused on providing support nationally to all salaried roles. This position is wok at home and therefore can be located anywhere in Canada.
PREFERRED HIRING CRITERIA:
- Full cycle recruitment: Conduct phone screens, schedule pre-employment testing, perform reference and background checks
- Headhunting for permanent salaried roles, operations and corporates roles
- Gain an understanding of various HR processes and recruitment activities to identify opportunities and provide support in the development and implementation of improvements
- 5 years of recruitment experience highly desired in high volume hourly recruitment
- College or University diploma or degree in Human Resources Management preferred or equivalent
- Excellent listening, verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills with a high degree of discretion and tact in handling confidential matters
- Strong organizational and prioritization skills, able to shift priorities and multitask
- Demonstrated ability to work well both independently and as part of a team
- Detail-oriented and persistent with ability to work well under pressure
- Demonstrated ability to headhunt
- Strong computer proficiency with MS Office suite of applications
- Anywhere in Canada
- Work at home
Please note all offers of employment at Bimbo Canada are conditional upon the successful completion of a pre-hire background check. This may include anything up to and including a criminal history check, reference checks and/or credit check.
Bimbo Canada is an equal opportunity employer that embraces diversity in the workplace and encourages applications from qualified women, men, visible minorities, aboriginal peoples and persons with disabilities. We welcome applications from all interested individuals; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.