WHY WORK FOR BIMBO CANADA?
Bimbo Canada, an independent business unit of Grupo Bimbo (the largest baking company in the world) is a leading producer and distributor of packaged fresh bread and bakery products with brands such as Dempster’s®, Villaggio®, & POM® just to name a few. The company operates 16 bakeries, 15 distribution centres and 191 depots across the country and employ more than 4,200 associates from coast to coast. It seeks to create value by leading innovation in products and service delivery in the bakery industry, enhancing distribution services and processes, and continuing to grow premium white and whole grain breads, tortillas, bagels, rye, buns, and rolls.
- Competitive Hourly Rates
- Full time Benefits
- Pension Program
- Weekly Pay
- Employee Assistance Program
- Referral Bonus Program
- Diverse and Inclusive Working Environment
Machine Operators operate at least one and, possibly, a variety of machines depending on the type of product being produced and/or work being performed.
- Set up, operate, and adjust industrial machines
- Observe gauges, computer printouts, and video monitors to ensure correct processing
- Prepare products for distributions (may include: wrapping, packaging, shipping)
- Check product quality and adjust as necessary
- Clean and sanitize machinery, equipment and main processing area
- Maintain shift logs and record of other data
- Ensure all work is carried out in accordance with Health & Safety legislation, Company Joint Health & Safety Programs, and Good Manufacturing Practices
- Actively participate in, and report all Health & Safety/Quality issues to Shift Supervisor/QA
Production line work is performed indoors in a warm (at times hot), sanitary, and well-ventilated conditions. Some operators work near noisy machinery and/or near the equipment that generates heat or humidity. Production line is highly automated. All workers must follow safe work practices and wear protective equipment. At times, employees may be required to lift up to 40 pounds. Additionally, standing for long periods of time, as well as walking, pushing, pulling, bending, and twisting will be required.
The bakery operates 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
Required Skills and Knowledge:
- LOOKING FOR CANDIDATES WHO CAN WORK ALL SHIFTS, DAYS/AFTS/NIGHTS.
- Shift may change from week to week
- Flexibility is key
- Saturday & Sunday Off
Please note all offers of employment at Bimbo Canada are conditional upon the successful completion of a pre-hire background check. This may include anything up to and including a criminal history check, reference checks and/or credit check.
Bimbo Canada is an equal opportunity employer that embraces diversity in the workplace and encourages applications from qualified women, men, visible minorities, aboriginal peoples and persons with disabilities. We welcome applications from all interested individuals; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
- Grade 12 education
- Ability to read and understand written instructions and/or specifications as well as ability to understand directions verbally
- Have solid numerical skills
- Ability to work 8 hour shifts and weekends
- Ability to perform routine tasks for extended periods of time yet remain alert and flexible
- Have the mechanical aptitude to maintain equipment and troubleshoot problems
- Be punctual, reliable and flexible
- Work safety, wear PPE and follow personal hygiene rules
- Ability to work alone and in a team
- Have good health and stamina
- Be able to follow GMP & Food Safety regulations
Job seekers with disabilities who require accommodation during the recruitment process or would like more details about accessibility should contact Canada Bread Accessibility at CB_Accessibility@grupobimbo.com.
Please note that all applicants that will be considered for this role must be double vaccinated for COVID-19. Successful candidates will also be required to provide proof of their vaccination status during the recruitment process