Responsible for the day-to-day maintenance, ongoing review and continuous improvement of the documented food safety programs such as Prerequisite Programs and Hazard Analysis & Critical Control Point (HACCP) Plans, Standard Operating Procedures, site specific procedures development & maintenance.
EDUCATIONAL BACKGROUND & WORK EXPERIENCE:
- Maintain and update facility HACCP program (prerequisite and HACCP Plans) to ensure compliance with existing or changing regulatory or corporate requirements.
- Conducts required food safety and Quality training for Operations, Maintenance, and Distribution supervisors and hourly employees annually and when changes occur to HACCP program requirements, thus maintaining an attitude of continuous process improvement.
- Conducts audits to verify the HACCP program is successfully being maintained.
- Conducts annual review and validation of HACCP program.
- Maintains deviations programs, following up on issues and corrective actions, if necessary, based on deviations found in plant programs.
- Facilitate and assists with internal audits / third party audits (SQF, Customers).
- Develops documents and updates audit preparation procedures.
- Ensure all steps of production process follow the established food safety standards and company guidelines.
- Creation and monitor of food safety and/or quality programs
- Contact supplier for information and control of Certificates of Analysis/Letters of Guarantee.
- Maintains corrective action reports data base to ensure continuous improvement activities cited from internal and external audits are acted upon and remain on track.
- Develops a contractive work environment through excellent interpersonal, team building skills, open communications, encouraging input and constructive performance management.
- Operates as back-up to the QA manager when necessary.
- Verification of documents to ensure compliance to Food Safety Programs and/or quality programs.
- Perform monthly food safety audits, annual formula audits, and process control audits
- Facilitates monthly FS and HACCP meetings and issues monthly minutes and GMP
- Degree or diploma in food science or a related discipline
- Strong understanding of Sanitation, SOP’s, Pre-requisite Programs, HACCP, CCP’s and GMP’s
- HACCP I & II certificate
- Strong supervisory and leadership skills
- Previous experience with maintaining / validation of SQF system.
- Motivated, confident and disciplined to maintain consistency and to improve QA procedures and practices of the plant.
- Working knowledge of Oracle
- Intermediate to exceptional MS office skills
- At least 2+ years QA experience in a fast paced food industry preferred.
- Be able to follow GMP & Food Safety regulations