Bimbo Canada is a major, public Canadian Corporation and part of the Grupo Bimbo family of companies.
POSITION: Project Engineer – Co-op Student REPORTS TO: Operations Manager
LOCATION: Moncton, New Brunswick
Bimbo Canada (formerly Canada Bread Company, Limited) is a leading producer and distributor of packaged fresh bread and bakery products with brands such as Dempster’s®, Villaggio®, POM®, Bon Matin®, Ben’s®, Healthy Way® and McGavins®. Dempster’s is the national brand leader and a market leader in the health and well-being segment of bread products in Canada. The growth strategy is to focus on market leadership in all commercial bread categories. The company operates 19 bakeries and employs approximately 4,550 associates across Canada. It seeks to create value by leading innovation in products and service delivery in the bakery industry, enhancing distribution services and processes, and continuing to grow premium white and whole grain breads, tortillas, bagels, rye, buns and rolls.
As an independent business unit of Grupo Bimbo, Bimbo Canada seeks to grow value-added bakery segments by focusing on health and well-being, and penetrating new bakery segments and channels of distribution. The business will continue to grow market leadership and margins by investing in the premium whole grain product category, and by delivering continued product innovation in other bakery and snack categories.
Bimbo Canada serves major grocery chains, retail outlets and foodservice operations across Canada. The company distributes branded products in the discount, mainstream and super-premium segments, and is the leading producer in most major bakery categories. It also produces private label products for grocery and foodservice outlet.
Responsible for identifying and implementing engineering solutions to meet the financial and quality objectives of the Company including capital project management and process improvement initiatives.
- Aids in developing, coordinating, and exercises functional authority for planning, organization, control, and execution of engineering projects within area of assigned responsibility.
- Ensures the application of appropriate company policies in all areas of capital project execution and technical service.
- Provide input to energy reduction initiatives, environmental services and the capital investments to address issues or opportunities.
- Work with Plant/Facility Managers, Process Owners and Reliability Teams to identify, organize and plan capital projects.
- Works with Plant/Facility Managers in the preparation of capital and maintenance budgets.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Supports Plant and Corporate staff in developing engineering solutions to EH & S non-compliances.
- Support Maintenance staff in developing solutions and projects to maintenance related projects.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION:
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Project Management - Develops project plans; Coordinates projects; Communicates changes and progress; Completes projects on time and budget; Manages project team activities.
- Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in meetings; Explain technical issues in layman's terms.
- Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone's efforts to succeed; Listen with empathy
- Judgment - Displays willingness to make decisions; Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; Supports and explains reasoning for decisions; Includes appropriate people in decision-making process.
- Motivation - Demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles; Measures self against standard of excellence; Takes calculated risks to accomplish goals.
- Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Plans for additional resources; Sets goals and objectives; Organizes or schedules other people and their tasks.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
- 3rd Year Engineering Student or Engineering Technologist.
If you are qualified and interested in applying for this position, please send your resume to Lesley Baker, HR Advisor at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Excellent interpersonal communications skills at all levels.
- Strong Focus on Health and Safety.
- Experience in Food production is considered an asset.
- Knowledge of project management procedures, timelines, crafting budgets is considered an asset.
Please note that all applicants that will be considered for this role must be double vaccinated for COVID-19. Successful candidates will also be required to provide proof of their vaccination status during the recruitment process.
Please note all offers of employment at Bimbo Canada are conditional upon the successful completion of a pre-hire background check. This may include anything up to and including a criminal history check, reference checks and/or credit check.
Bimbo Canada is an equal opportunity employer that embraces diversity in the workplace and encourages applications from qualified women, men, visible minorities, aboriginal peoples and persons with disabilities.
We welcome applications from all interested individuals; however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.