Bimbo Canada is a major, public Canadian Corporation and part of the Grupo Bimbo family of Companies
REPORTS TO: Maintenance Manager
LOCATION: Moncton Plant
SALARY: $33.00 as per Collective Agreement + $6000 Signing Bonus
We will offer a $6000 signing bonus to the successful candidate upon hire.
Bimbo Canada is a leading producer and distributor of packaged fresh bread and bakery products with brands such as Dempster’s®, Villaggio®, POM®, Bon Matin®, Ben’s®, Healthy Way® and McGavins®. Dempster’s is the national brand leader and a market leader in the health and well-being segment of bread products in Canada. The growth strategy is to focus on market leadership in all commercial bread categories. The company operates 19 bakeries and employs approximately 4,550 associates across Canada. It seeks to create value by leading innovation in products and service delivery in the bakery industry, enhancing distribution services and processes, and continuing to grow premium white and whole grain breads, tortillas, bagels, rye, buns and rolls.
As an independent business unit of Grupo Bimbo, Bimbo Canada seeks to grow value-added bakery segments by focusing on health and well-being, and penetrating new bakery segments and channels of distribution. The business will continue to grow market leadership and margins by investing in the premium whole grain product category, and by delivering continued product innovation in other bakery and snack categories.
Bimbo Canada serves major grocery chains, retail outlets and food service operations across Canada. The company distributes branded products in the discount, mainstream and super-premium segments, and is the leading producer in most major bakery categories. It also produces private label products for grocery and food service outlet.
- We offer a shift premium of 0.75 cents which shall be paid for all hours worked between 9:00 p.m. and 6:00 a.m.
- We offer a shift premium of 0.75 cents which shall be paid for all hours worked between 12:00am and 9:00pm on Sundays
- Dual ticket rates for additional maintenance tickets
- Maintain, service and repair conveyors, pumps and compressors and pneumatic systems in a food processing plant.
- Detect and troubleshoot irregularities and malfunctions.
- Install machinery and mechanical equipment
- Repair or replace defective machinery parts
- Perform routine maintenance work on machinery
- Read and interpret blueprints, drawings and specifications
What we offer:
- High School Diploma.
- Red Seal Journeyman Millwright or Apprentice Millwright
- Results oriented individual who is able to work in a fast-paced and changing environment.
- The working language of this position is English.
- Required to perform physically demanding work, capable of, lifting and carrying weight approximately 50 pounds, climbing ladders, crawling under conveyors, and working in hot/cold environment.
- Required to work in close proximity of the following allergens: soy, gluten, sesame seeds, sulphites, tree nuts and dust.
- Successful candidate will be eligible for a $6000 signing bonus
- Competitive compensation package including a comprehensive benefits package (health, medical, dental, vision) and company pension plan.
- Paid vacation
- The company will pay up to $175 toward the purchase of CSA approved safety footwear
- The company will supply all tools for maintenance associates
- The company supports maintenance apprenticeship programs to assist associates who are interested in pursuing further education
If you are qualified and interested in applying for this position, please send your resume to Lesley Baker, HR Advisor at email@example.com
Please note all offers of employment at Bimbo Canada (formerly Canada Bread Company, Limited) are conditional upon the successful completion of a pre-hire background check. This may include anything up to and including a criminal history check, reference checks and/or credit check.
Bimbo Canada is an equal opportunity employer that embraces diversity in the workplace and encourages applications from qualified women, men, visible minorities, aboriginal peoples and persons with disabilities. We welcome applications from all interested individuals; however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
We thank all applicants for their interest, but only qualified applicants will be contacted.