Bimbo Bakehouse (BBI) is a leader in the baking industry, known for its category leading brands, innovative products, freshness and quality. We are the largest North American supplier of frozen, par-baked products to the retail, in-store bakeries and food service channels. BBU is the frozen division of Grupo Bimbo, the world’s largest baking company.
• The Maintenance Supervisor will be responsible for the overall supervision of millwrights and electricians in a unionized manufacturing environment.
• Ensure employee safety and overall compliance to the OHSA.
• This position requires initiative, leadership, excellent communication skills, and confidence regarding your technical and organizational talents.
• Ensure the efficient operation of plant equipment and services, involving cost control, safety, and product quality.
• Understand production requirements and day-to-day equipment operating issues by ensuring open and effective communications with all other departments. (This may require you to work several production shifts)
• Responsible for scheduling work orders in Maximo, assessing employee training needs and performance.
• Develop, lead and maintain capable and effective employees in all areas of the maintenance function.
• Maintain a positive union and employee relations environment.
• Continuously improve the preventive maintenance program to reduce downtime and improve overall maintenance costs.
• Oversee and direct plant projects that involve our own employees or outside contractors
• Effectively handle employee issues including in accordance with the collective agreement.
• Assist with the implementation of capital projects.
• Plan and implement PM’s on equipment as required.
• Must be knowledgeable and be able to follow GMPs, Food Safety and Health & Safety requirements
Educational Background & Work Experience:
• Trade certification as a Licensed Millwright or Licensed Electrician
• Preference will be given to candidates with a post-secondary education or equivalent
• A minimum of 3+ years as a maintenance supervisor experienced in a unionized, strongly automated, fast paced manufacturing facility.
• Food, beverage or packaged goods industry is a definite asset.
• Competence in PLC for troubleshooting and programming change would be an asset.
• Sound knowledge of OHSA.
• Proven track record of compliance and continuous improvement in improving safety in the workplace.
• Ability to train Direct Reports.
• Excellent knowledge of troubleshooting, adjusting or repairing of equipment.
• Working knowledge of work orders and preventative maintenance.
• Experience with food processing, CFIA, HACCP, Continuous Improvement Process, Six Sigma would be an asset.
• Strong oral and written communication skills, as well as project management skills.
• Ability to develop and foster a results-driven team.
• Experience in working with operational budgets.
• Knowledge of MS Office.
• Location: 144 Viceroy Road, Concord, ON
• 8 Hrs. Shift per day / Day Shift
• Alternating shifts including weekends and holidays, will need to work afternoon shift depending on need
• OT will be required occasionally on weekends.
Please note all offers of employment at Bimbo Bakehouse are conditional upon the successful completion of a pre-hire background check. This may include anything up to and including a criminal history check, reference checks and/or credit check.
Please note that all applicants that will be considered for this role must be double vaccinated for COVID-19. Successful candidates will also be required to provide proof of their vaccination status during the recruitment process.