Work where you live! This is your chance to work locally and make a positive impact right within your community. Not only do we pride ourselves in Nourishing a Better world through sustainable, highly productive and deeply humane values, but we care first and foremost in the well-being of our associates. We value the person first, and our associate’s safety is #1. Working for Bimbo Bakehouse, you will be provided with hands on training in order to possess the skills required to perform your duties safely, and efficiently. At Bimbo Bakehouse, We Value the Person and follow our Golden Rule by treating everyone with Respect, Fairness, Trust and Care.
WHY WORK FOR US?
Bimbo Bakehouse (BBI) is a leader in the baking industry, known for its category leading brands, innovative products, freshness, and quality. We are the largest North American supplier of frozen, par-baked products to the retail, in-store bakeries and food service channels. BBU is the frozen division of Grupo Bimbo, the world’s largest baking company.
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
An individual who is eager to learn, dedicated and a team player. We are looking for someone who possesses an eye for detail, is not afraid of physically demanding tasks, and values safety as your number one priority. Our facility operates 24/7, so being flexible and adaptive with an open schedule is vital.
271 Attwell Drive, Etobicoke M9W 5B9
11:00PM - 7:30AM (Sunday – Thursday with over-time on Friday's)
RESPONSIBILITIES AND SKILLS:
- Understands, reads and executes the production schedule.
- Coordinate, organize and assign tasks to associates working on the line.
- Verify floor batch time to ensure that bread is ready to be packaged.
- Set and verify that the process line control parameters are to standard.
- Continually monitor controls to ensure that product is to specification.
- Monitors weights of dough to ensure that product is within specification.
- Accurately records information on production documents, including but not limited to quantity produced and waste sheets in a timely matter.
- Ensures that mechanical line moving parts are functioning as expected. Report mal-functioning or potential mechanical failures to supervisor.
- Continually communicate with Supervisor and Oven Leads on dough condition and quantity.
- Comprehends and adheres to operational and safety features of the line.
- Completes duties in accordance with quality assurance, GMPs, safety and other company procedures.
- Maintains a clean, organized and safe work area, including wiping equipment, tools, containers and dollies; sweeping and mopping floors and trash removal.
- Responsible for keeping assigned work area clean and tidy at all times and reporting any potential contamination and suspicious activity to a Supervisor immediately.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Demonstrate strong leadership abilities and skills consistent with Bimbo Bakehouse leadership values.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced team environment.
- Must meet the physical demands required for the job.
- Ability to consistently demonstrate the skill and ability to efficiently operate operations lines.
- Ability to work with others.
- Good understanding of dough types and varieties.
- Must perform basic mathematical functions.
- Must possess good communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Must be prepared to work extra hours when required.
- Must have excellent work and attendance record.
- Warm and humid working environment.
- Hot and cold working environment.
- Fast-paced manufacturing environment, repetitive tasks, and stand for extended hours.
- Physically demanding, heavy lifting, must be able to handle weight up to 100 lbs.
- The bakery operates 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Associates might be asked to work days, afternoons or night shifts.
- Ability to bend, pull, push and stand for long periods of time.
- Frequent heavy lifting of products up to 30lbs and 100lbs.
- Comprehensive and Flexible Company Benefits Plan.
- Career Growth.
- Associate Rewards and Recognition Program.
- Safety Boot Reimbursement.
- Annual Company Sponsored Appreciation Events.
- Associate Discount Program for Major Vendors.