Job Title: Production Associate (SEASONAL)
Location: 1525 Erin St
Shift: Any/ All Shifts
Wage Rate: $16.75
This is a seasonal contract role ending by the end of August 2023.
Work where you live! This is your chance to work locally and make a positive impact right within your community. Not only do we pride ourselves in Nourishing a Better world through sustainable and deeply humane values, but we care first and foremost in the well-being of our employees. We value the person first, and our employee’s safety is #1. Working for Bimbo Canada you will be provided with hands on training in order to possess the skills required to perform your duties safely, and efficiently.
WHY WORK FOR US?
Bimbo Canada is a leading producer and distributor of packaged fresh bread and bakery products with brands such as Dempster’s®, Villaggio®, POM®, Bon Matin®, Ben’s®. At Bimbo Canada, We Value the Person and follow our Golden Rule by treating everyone with Respect, Fairness, Trust and Care.
We are incredibly proud to announce that Bimbo Canada has been named one of Canada's Best Employers 2023 by Forbes
. This tremendous honor recognizes our commitment to creating an outstanding workplace for our associates.
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
We are looking for someone who possesses an eye for detail, is not afraid of physically demanding tasks, and values safety as your number one priority. Our facility operates 24/7, so being flexible and adaptive with an open schedule is vital. This is a part-time role, which presents a great opportunity to work full-time in future in a dynamic, fast paced facility in the food industry.
WHAT WE NEED?
WHAT SHOULD YOU EXPECT?
- 24/7 flexibility
- Rotating shifts (Days, Afternoons, Overnights, and Weekends)
- Scaling, Mixing, and Distribution experience is preferred
- Be able to perform physically demanding work (up to 50lbs)
- Mechanical aptitude is an asset
- Completion of High School or equivalent
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Time management skills
- Punctuality and Reliability
- Basic mathematics and computer skills
Volume of work:
- Required to work in a fast-paced environment
- Must be able to work shifts including days, evenings, nights based on a 24 hour/7 day a week operation, including general holidays
- Start times, scope and duties of this position may change periodically
- Depending on production requirements, associates may be assigned alternate duties and additional responsibilities
"Please note that all applicants that will be considered for this role must be double vaccinated for COVID-19. Successful candidates will be required to provide proof during the recruitment process."
To be considered for this role please apply with an updated resume by clicking “Apply Now” below or email your resume to email@example.com.
Click the link below to peek inside our bakery:-
We thank all interested applicants, but only those selected will be contacted. Please note all offers of employment at Bimbo Canada (Formerly Canada Bread Company Limited) are conditional upon the successful completion of a pre-hire background check and/or physical assessment. This may include anything up to and including a criminal history check, reference checks and/or credit check.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs overhead
- Frequent twisting, bending, pulling, pushing, crouching, kneeling, walking, and heavy lifting are required