|A skilled and confidant Journeyperson Millwright to join our amazing Maintenance team! We want someone who possesses manual dexterity and has an eye for detail, install, maintain, test and trouble-shoot equipment, and values safety as your number one priority. This is a full-time role, which presents a great opportunity to work in a dynamic, fast paced facility in the food industry.
WHAT WE NEED?
PREFERRED HIRING CRITERIA:
- Must be able to work independently to troubleshoot machine problems and devise solutions
- Identify and correct any problems found in machines, equipment or processes in order to facilitate production
- Maintain, repair and overhaul of plant production equipment, building and grounds
- Provide quick response to trouble calls by shift supervisors and or operators/technicians.
- Assist Operating Engineers in maintenance of plant utilities
- Perform preventive maintenance and improvements or modifications to production equipment
- Support projects including working on a project team in the design, installation and commissioning
- Maintain complete and accurate records of shift logs, maintenance inspections and meter readings
- Ensure smooth, efficient communication to the next team at shift change
- Participates collaboratively in process improvement teams as required
- Actively participate in our 5S program and any other duties as assigned
- Must hold a valid provincial certification as a Journeyperson Millwright License
- Must have 3 – 5 years proven practical experience performing as a mechanic in a fast paced, high volume production environment or similar
- Experience in food manufacturing and industrial setting is an asset
- Ability to communicate, read, and write in English
- Strong verbal communication and teamwork skills. Must be able to communicate well with operators.
- Possesses intermediate math skills
- Interacts and shares information with associates at all levels
- Participates collaboratively in work groups
- Ensures ongoing communication with supervisory and/or maintenance staff in the event of equipment malfunctioning
- Must be capable of working independently at a high level, dealing with contractors, other tradespersons, supervisors and line operators/technicians
- Demonstrated ability to wear proper PPE and comply
- Adherence with safety requirements and policies, eg. Ensures lock out tag out policy adherence is enforced by self and others
- Ensures appropriate GMP apparel and procedures are being followed
- Ensures all procedures are in accordance with Health & Safety legislation, Company Joint Safety Committee programs and Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP)
- Ensures compliance with BRC food safety guidelines
- Actively finds new and improved ways of completing tasks and is willing to try new things.
- Maximo, PLC, and controls knowledge would be an asset
- Good use of computer programs is an asset
Volume of work:
- Required to work in a fast-paced environment
- Must be able to work shifts including days, evenings, nights based on a 24 hour/7 day a week operation, including general holidays
- Start times, scope and duties of this position may change periodically
- Depending on production requirements, associates may be assigned alternate duties and additional responsibilities
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs overhead
- Frequent twisting, bending, pulling, pushing, crouching, kneeling, walking, and heavy lifting are required
To be considered for this role please apply with an updated resume by clicking “Apply Now” below.
- Occasional Team BBQs/Food Trucks
- Rewards & Recognition
- Career Growth
- Professional Development and Advancement Opportunities
- Appreciation from Management
Click the link below to peek inside our bakery:-
We thank all interested applicants, but only those selected will be contacted. Please note all offers of employment at Bimbo Canada (Formerly Canada Bread Company Limited) are conditional upon the successful completion of a pre-hire background check.