POSITION: Transportation Supervisor
REPORTS TO: Transportation Manager
The ideal candidate will plan and coordinate daily execution of regional (Ontario & West) transportation activities.
EDUCATIONAL BACKGROUND & WORK EXPERIENCE:
- Use Oracle Transportation Module and Excel tools to oversee and support planning daily transportation. Ensure route and truck optimization while targeting service at lowest landed cost.
- Book transportation requirements with third party carriers ensuring all information is relayed accurately.
- Communicate with Production, Distribution and Sales teams to ensure on-time product pickup and delivery.
- Provide carriers with transportation details, including: Pickup and delivery dates; Type, volume and weight of shipment requirements.
- Ensure shipments are updated in Oracle with correct information and changes are made as required.
- Monitor transportation services issues and escalate as required.
- Maintain accurate computer records of all transportation activities, including dispatch files, record of customer requests and services rendered.
- Coordinate shunting requirements through plants and distribution centers.
- Manage reverse logistics and tray replenishment to production facilities and co-manufacturers
- Assist in the monitoring and tracking of fleet assets (trays and trailers).
- Promote safe work activities by conducting safety audits, attending company safety meetings, and meeting with individual staff members.
- Daily transportation schedule setup and execution:
- Changes to transportation schedule and adjusting in Oracle
- Negotiate transportation spot buys for unscheduled shipments’
- Work with regional leaders and review execution spend and summary over weekly or monthly interval.
- Coordinate with freight pay team on invoicing related activities.
- Able to oversee a team of 3 – 5 associates
- The preferred candidate will possess a post-secondary education and a minimum of 2-3 years supervisory experience or relevant experience in supply chain, shipping, etc.
- Previous experience in a unionized food, dairy, beverage or packaged goods industry is an asset.
- Working knowledge of Oracle and inventory management systems is an asset.
- Ability to successfully use MS office for daily operations.
- The incumbent must be able to demonstrate strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Must be knowledgeable and be able to follow and manage GMPs, Food Safety and Health and Safety requirements at all times
- Proficient in MS Office, Excel, Word