We are currently looking for a Customer Insights Manager to join our Category & Customer Insights team.Working as a strategic vendor advisor and business partner, the Customer Insights Manager is responsible for providing category management insights, recommendations, and execution to strategically optimize customer category goals.The position will be situated in our Toronto head office and report directly into the Director of Customer & Consumer Insights.
Key Responsibilities & Accountabilities
- Utilizes best practices in customer POS, shopper research, consumer research and syndicated data analytics to synthesize into clear and concise category insights and recommendations
- Optimizes customer category sales through a deep understanding of category analytics and merchandising principles by effectively influencing assortment, shelving (planogram/ merchandising), distribution, pricing, and promotion and feature activity plans
- Monitors and reports on the execution of customer strategies to ensure agreed objectives are met
- Aligns multiple business partners in the execution of an optimal category strategy and shopper strategies
- Delivers concise presentations of findings and insights to both internal stakeholders and the customer to provide context and rationale for actionable business solutions.
- Works with Category & Customer Insight colleagues to integrate an in-depth, data-driven understanding of categories
- Continuously strives to drive a Consumer/Shopper Insights mindset and impact across the Commercial organization.
- University degree
- 5-7 years of successful experience in a CPG environment, with a focus on category management and/or a Category Advisor role.
- Experience with Customer POS (Retail Link, IRI, Dunnhumby) and Nielsen MarketTrack syndicated databases
- Experience with space planning software and developing planograms – with JDA Space Management software experience preferred.
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills
- Ability to communicate with data and information in a clear and concise fashion
- Proactive project management and organizational skills
- Strong business acumen, self-motivated and ability to prioritize and meet multiple deadlines
- Positive, curious, creative and innovative thinker with the ability to energize and influence
- Collaborative with the ability to forge strong internal and external relationships