Canada Bread Company, Limited is a leading producer and distributor of packaged fresh bread and bakery products with brands such as Dempster’s®, Villaggio®, POM®, Bon Matin®, Ben’s®, Healthy Way® and McGavins®. Dempster’s is the national brand leader and a market leader in the health and well-being segment of bread products in Canada. The growth strategy is to focus on market leadership in all commercial bread categories. The company operates 17 bakeries and employs approximately 4,125 associates across Canada. It seeks to create value by leading innovation in products and service delivery in the bakery industry, enhancing distribution services and processes, and continuing to grow premium white and whole grain breads, tortillas, bagels, rye, buns and rolls.
As an independent business unit of Grupo Bimbo, Canada Bread seeks to grow value-added bakery segments by focusing on health and well-being, and penetrating new bakery segments and channels of distribution. The business will continue to grow market leadership and margins by investing in the premium whole grain product category, and by delivering continued product innovation in other bakery and snack categories.
Canada Bread serves major grocery chains, retail outlets and food service operations across Canada. The company distributes branded products in the discount, mainstream and super-premium segments, and is the leading producer in most major bakery categories. It also produces private label products for grocery and food service outlet.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Sign in at the customer service counter to obtain vendor badge 2-locate duty manager to make introduction and acknowledge the merchandising service is about to begin
- Go to the receiving area to obtain empty bread trays in order to place the outdated product that’s about to be pulled from the mainline and off shelf displays.
- Merchandiser is first to service the mainline bread shelf by pulling outdated product from the shelf by color bread tag, Orange tag on Wednesday and Yellow Tag Sunday
- Merchandiser must ensure no product is left on the shelf with less than 2 days on the bread tag. Merchandiser is to service all off shelf displays in the store that support CB products.
- Merchandiser is to go to the receiving area of the store to locate our back stock of product and bring the appropriate amount of stock to the mainline counter.
- Service the mainline counter by rotating product to ensure newer product is behind older product, first in first out principal.
- stock shelves to ensure product is placed in the correct location by following shelf tags / product description / planogram.
- bring empty bread trays back to the receiving room and place them in the CB designated area ensuring the bread trays are placed in a criss cross pattern one on top of the other no more than 24 trays in a pile.
- review conditions with the duty manager prior to leaving the account and address any further customer concerns at that time.
- sign out of the account at the customer service counter and return the vendor badge.
- Excellent physical condition with good energy and attitude
- Occasional lifting with a partner greater than 50 lbs up to 75 lbs.
- Occasionally to frequent exerting up to 35 lbs of force
- Strong communication skills, in both verbal and written English