Coordinator, Shipping Reports To:
Sr. Warehouse Supervisor
Walker Warehouse (Brampton, ON)
The Shipping Coordinator will be a team member in the daily operation of the Distribution Center in Brampton, ON for Bimbo Bakehouse, a part of Grupo Bimbo, the largest baking company in the world. They will be responsible for ensuring the proper execution of all inbound & outbound shipments. They will act as warehouse customer service & will coordinate between other areas of the business (Planning, Sales, Transportation, etc.) & the warehouse operation. The associate must meet Bimbo Bakehouse standards in quality, GMP’s, safety, security and productivity.
Plan pick times for case pick loads
- Process inbound/outbound shipments in Oracle properly
- Create & Process Shipping Paperwork
- Driver Check In/Out
- Maintain/ Distribute Trailer Audit form
Communicate with warehouse staff on Load/Pick Priority
- Prepare and maintain Daily Ship Schedule
- Follow up on tasks assigned to warehouse staff to ensure that process standards are met
- Ensure the on time delivery of orders
- Perform other duties and tasks as directed
- Interface with broader Supply Chain Team
- Coordinate with Customer Service, QA, and Planners on all shipping stock issues
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma
- 2 years’ experience in warehouse environment
- Working knowledge of Oracle/WMS preferred.
- Experience with Windows Excel, Word, and Outlook programs.
- Lean or Six Sigma Experience Preferred
- Mature and conscientious attitude.
- Self motivated with the ability to work independently
- Ability to work in a freezer environment (0 F / -18 C)
- Strong leadership & organization skills
- MS Excel and Outlook experience.
- Basic Math skills.
The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions and responsibilities of this job.
- Interpersonal skills with the ability to work with other departments.
- Ability to work flexible hours including some mandatory weekends and overtime.
- Strong written and oral communication skills in the English language.
While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly required to stand and use hands to finger, handle or feel. The associate frequently is required to walk, reach with hands and arms, talk or hear and taste or smell. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perceptions and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an associate encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the associate is frequently exposed to extreme cold (0 F / -18 C)
. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.