Bimbo Canada (formerly Canada Bread Company, Limited) is a leading producer and distributor of packaged fresh bread and bakery products with brands such as Dempster’s®, Villaggio®, POM®, Bon Matin®, Ben’s®, Vachon®, Hostess®, and Sara Lee®. Dempster’s is the national brand leader and a market leader in the health and well-being segment of bread products in Canada. The company operates 17 bakeries and employs approximately 4,550 associates across Canada. It seeks to create value by leading innovation in products and service delivery in the bakery industry, enhancing distribution services and processes, and continuing to grow premium white and whole grain breads, tortillas, bagels, rye, buns and rolls, and snack cakes.
As an independent business unit of Grupo Bimbo, Bimbo Canada seeks to grow value-added bakery segments by focusing on health and well-being, and penetrating new bakery segments and channels of distribution. The business plans to grow by delivering continued product innovation in other bakery and snacks categories.
The Production Analyst will be an active member of the production team. They will work directly with the Production Supervisors and other internal stakeholders to generate performance reports and set KPI’s. Strong analytical skills will be utilized on production data, helping the team achieve daily targets and ensuring that everyone knows the goals on a daily, weekly and monthly basis. The ideal candidate will like working with the operations team, providing suggestions and help drive improvements to processes.
Required qualifications and experience:
- Data collection from production floor, including validation of accuracy and completeness of information, for entry into Oracle
- Preparation of daily Production Report, including variance analysis to determine BAJAS entries, as well as uploading of report into Oracle
- Support tracking of critical production data – for example: daily waste numbers, weekly results, downtime tracking, shift report reconciliation etc.
- Support supervisors in administrative tasks such as – entering manual forms into tracking systems, reporting trends from tracking systems, tracking progress of various projects etc.
- Potentially provide coverage for production supervisors when needed.
- Support Health & Safety functions, including performing monthly inspections, assisting with periodic Safety meetings,
- Return to Work Program Management – support administrative tasks such as measuring and documenting injury site and tracking progress of recovery based on established plan.
- Assist with Indirect purchase entries into Oracle as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Post-Secondary education in Business Administration with 1 -3 years’ experience in a unionized environment. Alternative education and equivalent combinations of education and experience will be considered.
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong interpersonal, communication, and team building skills
- Ability to coach and lead work teams to achieve performance, quality, cost and service goals
- Willingness to work evenings, night shifts, weekends and holidays
- Oracle experience preferred
- Understanding of manufacturing regulations regarding safety, quality and GMP’s
- Takes initiative, exercises good judgment in day-to-day business decisions.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft applications, including working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Must be knowledgeable and be able to follow GMPs, Food Safety and Health and Safety requirements