Who We Are:
Bimbo Canada is a leading producer and distributor of packaged fresh bread and bakery products with brands such as Dempster’s®, Villaggio®, POM®, Bon Matin®, Ben’s®, Healthy Way® and McGavins®. Dempster’s is the national brand leader and a market leader in the health and well-being segment of bread products in Canada. The growth strategy is to focus on market leadership in all commercial bread categories. The company operates 16 bakeries and employs approximately 4,100 associates across Canada. It seeks to create value by leading innovation in products and service delivery in the bakery industry, enhancing distribution services and processes, and continuing to grow premium white and whole grain breads, tortillas, bagels, rye, buns, and rolls. As an independent business unit of Grupo Bimbo, Bimbo Canada seeks to grow value-added bakery segments by focusing on health and well-being and penetrating new bakery segments and channels of distribution. The business will continue to grow market leadership and margins by investing in the premium whole grain product category, and by delivering continued product innovation in other bakery and snack categories.
Markets: Bimbo Canada serves major grocery chains, retail outlets, and foodservice operations across Canada. The company distributes branded products in the discount, mainstream, and super-premium segments, and is the leading producer in most major bakery categories. It also produces private label products for grocery and foodservice outlet.
Safety Culture Job safety is the first responsibility of every individual that is part of an operating team. Compliance with safety rules, operating procedures, and sound practices is the expectation for all personnel working in the Bakery.
Responsibilities and Skills
- Receive all raw materials and packaging the standard operating procedures.
- Deliver all raw materials and packaging to Production as required and return all unused material to the warehouse.
- Complete all documentation and perform data entry in Oracle for all receipts.
- Ensure all Food Safety guidelines as they pertain to receiving are followed.
- Process third part shipments using Oracle and hand held scanners.
- Pick and process Customer orders using Oracle and hand held scanners.
- Update pallet transactions using CHEP Portfolio.
- Ensure proper housekeeping in the warehouse is maintained.
- Participate in weekly and monthly cycle counts.
- Apply knowledge of Health and Safety practices, procedures and principles as well as working knowledge of OHSA.
- Perform duties as assigned by the Distribution Lead Hand and Manager.
- Perform and document a daily pre-operation inspection of the forklift at the beginning of each shift.
- Strong abilities and skills consistent with Grupo Bimbo values.
- Occasional lifting greater than 50 lbs up to 75 lbs.
- Occasionally exerting up to 35 lbs of force or frequently exerting 35 lbs of force, (bending, significant standing, pull, push equipment etc).
- Data entry experience.
- Strong knowledge of Food Safety and HACCP policies and procedures in a food manufacturing facility.
- Existing Forklift certification and experience – Raymond Reach.
- Ability to work overtime as required.
- Strong communication skills, in both verbal and written English
Hurly Rate: STARTING RATE: $20.25 | 6 MONTH RATE: $20.76 | 12 MONTH RATE: $22.75