Bimbo Bakehouse (BBU) is the largest North American supplier of frozen, par-baked products to the retail, in-store bakeries and food service channels. In our mission to provide delicious and nutritious baked goods and snacks in the hands of all, we have an opening in production out of our location in Attwell. BBU is the frozen division of Grupo Bimbo, the world’s largest baking company. Our partner in the fresh business under the Grupo Bimbo banner is Bimbo Canada (formerly Canada Bread). While we operate independently from the fresh business, we remain part of the Grupo Bimbo (GB) family working towards shared goals and maintaining the same high standards. GB continuously strives to be a highly productive and deeply “humane” company and strongly believes that the associates of the company are core to its success
Individual is expected to oversee the products as well as prepare them for baking, packaging and/or shipping.
- Help machine operator set up production line, prepare baking racks and trays/boards for production
- Observe gauges, computer printouts and video monitors to verify specified processing conditions.
- Make adjustments to process variables
- Maintain shift log of production and other data
- Check products for defects and to ensure conformance to Company standards
- This role is physically demanding, heavy lifting, must be able to handle weight up to 40 lbs. repetitively
- Must have manual dexterity and be able to stand for extended periods of time
- Hand-eye co-ordination is a key requirement for this job
- Working knowledge of English both written and oral
- Mathematical and Computer skills
- Able to work flexible shift as required
- Attention to detail, work in a safe manner
- Able to work alone and as a team member
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Be able to follow GMP & Food Safety regulations
- Warm and humid working environment
- Cold working environment as well when loading into freezer
- Fast-paced manufacturing environment, repetitive tasks, and stand for extended hours
- The bakery operates 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Associates might be asked to work days, afternoons or night shifts.