The incumbent will be responsible for picking product, loading and unloading product from trucks. The incumbent has direct impact on the efficiency of our operation and is responsible for ensuring our products are being delivered to our customers in an accurate and timely manner.
Who We Are:
Bimbo Canada is a leading producer and distributor of packaged fresh bread and bakery products with brands such as Dempster’s®, Villaggio®, POM®, Bon Matin®, Ben’s®, Healthy Way® and McGavins®. Dempster’s is the national brand leader and a market leader in the health and well-being segment of bread products in Canada. The growth strategy is to focus on market leadership in all commercial bread categories. The company operates 16 bakeries and employs approximately 4,100 associates across Canada. It seeks to create value by leading innovation in products and service delivery in the bakery industry, enhancing distribution services and processes, and continuing to grow premium white and whole grain breads, tortillas, bagels, rye, buns, and rolls.
As an independent business unit of Grupo Bimbo, Bimbo Canada seeks to grow value-added bakery segments by focusing on health and well-being and penetrating new bakery segments and channels of distribution. The business will continue to grow market leadership and margins by investing in the premium whole grain product category, and by delivering continued product innovation in other bakery and snack categories.
Bimbo Canada serves major grocery chains, retail outlets, and foodservice operations across Canada. The company distributes branded products in the discount, mainstream, and super-premium segments, and is the leading producer in most major bakery categories. It also produces private label products for grocery and foodservice outlet.
Safety Culture Job safety is the first responsibility of every individual that is part of an operating team. Compliance with safety rules, operating procedures, and sound practices is the expectation for all personnel working in the Bakery.
Required Skills, Ability & Eeperience:
- All Shipping related functions, including loading & unloading of trailers
- Breaks down and assembles product in the pit area
- Performs returns audits as per specific shift function
- Takes action to correct any issues and to make improvements
- Directly helps the department to meet targets and goals while maintaining a healthy and safe work environment
- Other responsibilities as required
Shift Requirement: Afternoon (2:30pm-11:00pm)
- Able to work safely, in a fast-paced environment with repetitive tasks
- Previous experience with push truck / fork lift operation an asset
- Flexibility to work various shifts
- Basic computer skills are required
- Able to stand and walk throughout the shift
- Can work well in a team environment and support team members, with minimal supervision
- Strong communication skill and able to speak, read, and write English