: Depot Associate
: Part-Time, 25-30 hours per week (Sunday, Monday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday)
Who Are We Looking For?
We want someone who has an eye for detail, is not afraid of physically demanding tasks, and values safety as your number one priority. Our facility operates 24/7, so being flexible and adaptive with an open schedule is vital. Depot associates are required to work in all areas of the facility; receiving, loading and checking stations.
Who Are We?
Bimbo Canada is a leading producer and distributor of packaged fresh bread and bakery products with brands such as Dempster’s®, Villaggio®, POM®, Bon Matin®, Ben’s®, Healthy Way® and McGavins®. Dempster’s is the national brand leader and a market leader in the health and well-being segment of bread products in Canada.
What You’ll Do:
What You’ll Bring:
- Work as part of the Distribution team to ensure the accuracy, timeliness and product quality of customer orders
- Responsible for picking orders at a satisfactory rate
- Ability to maintain a clean and sanitized work area
- Work in a safe and conscientious manner
- Grade 12 education
- Ability to read and understand written instructions and/or specifications as well as ability to understand directions verbally
- Have solid numerical skills
- Ability to work 8 hour shifts and weekends
- Ability to perform routine tasks for extended periods of time yet remain alert and flexible
- Have the mechanical aptitude to maintain equipment and troubleshoot problems
- Be punctual, reliable and flexible
- Work safety, wear PPE and follow personal hygiene rules
- Ability to work alone and in a team
- Have good health and stamina
- Be able to follow GMP & Food Safety regulations
- previous order picking and warehouse experience an asset
Distribution work is performed indoors in a warm, sanitary, and well-ventilated conditions. The distribution centre is requires manual work, assisted with the occasional use of fork lifts as required.
All workers must follow safe work practices and wear protective equipment. At times, associates may be required to lift up to 50 pounds. Additionally, standing for long periods of time, as well as walking, pushing, pulling, bending, and twisting will be required.
The distribution operates 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Associates might be asked to work days, afternoons or night shifts.
To be considered for this role please apply with an updated resume in Word format by clicking “Apply Now” below.
We thank all interested applicants, but only those selected will be contacted. Please note all offers of employment at Bimbo Canada (Formerly Canada Bread Company Limited) are conditional upon the successful completion of a pre-hire background check. This may include anything up to and including a criminal history check, reference checks and/or credit check.