Bimbo Canada is Canada’s largest bakery, operating for more than 100 years. It is a leading producer and distributor of fresh packaged breads and snacks with more than 1,000 products across 18 brands Canadians know and love, like Dempster’s®, Stonemill®, Villaggio®, Vachon® cakes and Takis®. Bimbo Canada is proud to feed Canadian families with safe, high-quality products they can trust made by Canadians, for Canadians at 16 bakeries, 14 distribution centres and 191 depots across the country. Bimbo Canada is a wholly owned subsidiary of Grupo Bimbo, the world’s largest baking company. Together, they are nourishing a better world with delicious baked goods and snacks by building a sustainable, highly-productive and deeply-humane company. We are dedicated to building a diverse workplace that promotes equity and belonging, where all associates can develop and contribute to the transformation of our company, the baking industry and our communities. For more, visit www.bimbocanada.com
The Distribution Team Lead (Coordinator) is responsible for coordinating the loading and shipping of fresh products from the production facility to Distribution Centres and other locations.
- Preparing shipment schedule and coordinate with DC for service time
- Oversee orders that leave the warehouse and they are responsible for the timely and safe delivery to the clients
- Thoroughly document and keep track of their work in a neat and organized manner
- Communications about shipment orders, requests for tracking information and handling return requests
- Oversee the FG Reconciliation process.
- Manage FG inventory and ensure FIFO is implemented for outbound
- Manpower schedule for hourly associate based on weekly production schedule, organizing offline work
- Conduct performance review min. yearly with hourly associates, create development action plans for associates.
- Use analytical skills to define, justify and implement continuous improvement initiatives.
- Keep warehouse clean and organized
- Ensure customer satisfaction by maintaining product integrity; practicing highest levels of GMP’s and conforming to HACCP pre-requisite program and all associated SOP’s.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with internal teams – Production, Sanitation and Maintenance and external stakeholders – transportation, suppliers, auditors and the depots.
Required Skills and Knowledge:
- Improving efficiency
- Advancing the cultural shift for full associate engagement
- Improvement of safety management
- Development of leadership in distribution department
- 2 to 5 years of Distribution/Shipping and Receiving experience.
- Candidate must be detail oriented and have strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Knowledge of Oracle is considered a major asset
- Ability to work with independently with positive attitude and in a professional manner
- Excellent organizational skills plus ability to manage multiple priorities
- Advanced working knowledge of Excel is a must
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with frequently changing dynamics