Bimbo Canada is Canada’s largest bakery, operating for more than 100 years. It is a leading producer and distributor of fresh packaged breads and snacks with more than 1,000 products across 18 brands Canadians know and love, like Dempster’s®, Stonemill®, Villaggio®, Vachon® cakes and Takis®. Bimbo Canada is proud to feed Canadian families with safe, high-quality products they can trust made by Canadians, for Canadians at 16 bakeries, 14 distribution centres and 191 depots across the country. Bimbo Canada is a wholly owned subsidiary of Grupo Bimbo, the world’s largest baking company. Together, they are nourishing a better world with delicious baked goods and snacks by building a sustainable, highly-productive and deeply-humane company. We are dedicated to building a diverse workplace that promotes equity and belonging, where all associates can develop and contribute to the transformation of our company, the baking industry and our communities. For more, visit www.bimbocanada.com.
As Supply Chain Planner- Outside Purchase, you will be responsible for regularly issuing PO’s based on sales demand (Oracle) or from forecast ad Commercial Platform. You will be asked to place orders for all regions, as well as cover for vacations/days off relief as needed. In this type of position time management is crucial as you will face strict deadlines every day. The ideal candidate will excel working in a fast-paced environment as changes will happen. Excellent problem-solving skills are required as the position is challenged on a regular basis. Aside from following a set schedule when it comes to ordering products, you will be asked to lead cross functional meetings, manage our current vendor management program, provide outside purchase analysis on a weekly basis and be involved in relevant projects as needed. This position will also lead a project to revamp the OP department to standardize process nationally, revamp our tools and improve our service levels.
KEY POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES:
PREFERRED HIRING CRITERIA:
- Issue and communicate systematically generated purchase orders to vendors and various distribution/ transportation teams
- Develop effective relationships with vendors to facilitate business transactions
- Manage and expedite open orders as required when driven by varying customer demands
- Work directly with transportation and distribution to coordinate regular/ rush orders
- Issue resolution - root cause analysis on shorts and overages
- Analysis outside purchase vendor performance on a weekly basis
- Manage our current vendor program – Schedule meetings, prep work analysis, lead conference call.
- Represent the OP team on various different conference calls
- Manage, maintain and update excel based ordering tools
- All other duties as required or assigned.
- Lead projects as assigned
- Lead PCAD meetings (daily cross-functional meetings at 9am Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Fridays) to review the sell day performance with Sales and Supply Chain (Transportation, Operations, Planning).
- Bachelor’s Degree or College Diploma in Business or related field
- APICS CPIM/CSCP certification an asset
- 2-3 years in a similar Manufacturing Planning role
- Professional presentation: written and oral communications, organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to work under pressure with tight deadlines
- Strong computer skills: competent with MS Office (Excel) and Oracle
- High standards of integrity, energy level, and self-motivation
- Excellent analytical, problem solving, and project management skills – financial/accounting experience an asset
- Strong customer focus and conflict management skills
- REQUIRED SKILLS AND KNOWLEGE:
- Solid change management and influencing skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written
- Strong problem solving, prioritization, and organization skills with the ability to multi-task and balance priorities
- Ability to adapt to an ever-changing and fast-paced environment
- Worked effectively on a virtual team environment
- Maintained costs and service levels at or below budget expectations
- Has experience with MRP/MPS/DRP concepts and practices
- Demonstrated leadership and accountability
Monday to Friday - 8am to 5pm. Based in Etobicoke but has the ability to work from home as needed. Working from home full time during COVID.
Our associates include people who are enthusiastic, innovative, passionate and energetic. We invite you to explore our Careers to discover more about our high-performance culture and how we build leaders at Bimbo Canada.