|Job Title: Production Associate
Location: Calgary Plant
Shift: All/Any Shift
Who are we?
Bimbo Canada is a leading producer and distributor of packaged fresh bread and bakery products with brands such as Dempster’s®, Villaggio®, POM®, Bon Matin®, Ben’s®, Healthy Way® and McGavins®. Dempster’s is the national brand leader and a market leader in the health and well-being segment of bread products in Canada.
We want someone who goes above and beyond their job description, someone who is eager to learn and grow with our company. Must be an extremely organized individual to ensure that Associates receive their coffee/lunch breaks in a timely manner. This position requires an Associate to Mix, Scale and Make-up on all lines, along with operating the Boiler oven. The physical environment involves varying degrees of temperature. This role DOES NOT have guaranteed hours, and we do require flexibility in your availability. The more open your schedule, the more hours you will receive.
- Assist Boiler Operator and keep all spray applications ready
- Organize coffee/lunch breaks according to established schedules
- Work with Leadhand on shift and assist the team
- Ability to fill in as Mixer, Scaler, Makeup positions on all lines – and Boiler oven
- Ensure customer satisfaction by maintaining product integrity
- Practice highest levels of GMP’s, conforming with all pre-requisite programs and all associated SOP’s
- Lead on customer, corporate and other regulatory audits
- Health & Safety:
- Support and perform safe work practices in a safe and healthy manner
- Understand and demonstrate performance that conforms with all legislated/corporate OH&S requirements
- Perform physically demanding work for extended periods of time (lifting buckets etc.)
- Participate in ongoing H&S training, audits etc.
- Perform LockOut/Tagout procedures when required
- Maintain and improve work areas to expected levels of cleanliness/orderliness as set out under BRC
REQUIRED SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE:
- CTQ Elements:
- Value consistent behavior
- Ability to work shift work
- Physically capable to perform job tasks (eg. Lifting, pushing, pulling – required to lift 10kg – 25kg)
- Proven Track Record:
- Excellent Attendance record – must be available for all/any shift
- Ability to work in a safe/orderly manner
- Other Related Position Requirements:
- Ability to work independently OR part of a team
- Detail oriented (ensure accuracy of time, temperature etc.)
- Knowledge of Food Safety, GMP’s and other Quality policies
- High level of energy, self-motivation/commitment to personal/professional development
- Ability to work under pressure and provide leadership
- Team player with the ability to develop and maintain supportive work relationships
- Forklift or powered Pallet Jack experience preferred
- Full time hours are guaranteed as long as we have the volume
To be considered for this role please apply with an updated resume by clicking “Apply Now” below.
Click the link below to peek inside our bakery:-
We thank all interested applicants, but only those selected will be contacted. Please note all offers of employment at Bimbo Canada (Formerly Canada Bread Company Limited) are conditional upon the successful completion of a pre-hire background check. This may include anything up to and including a criminal history check, reference checks and/or credit check.