Bimbo Canada is a leading producer and distributor of packaged fresh bread and bakery products with brands such as Dempster’s®, Villaggio®, POM®, Bon Matin®, Ben’s®, Healthy Way® Stonemill Bakehouse®, and McGavins®. Dempster’s is the national brand leader and a market leader in the health and well-being segment of bread products in Canada. The growth strategy is to focus on market leadership in all commercial bread categories. The company operates 18 plants and employs approximately 4,466 associates across Canada. It seeks to create value by leading innovation in products and service delivery in the bakery industry, enhancing distribution services and processes, and continuing to grow premium white and whole grain breads, tortillas, bagels, rye, buns and rolls.
As an independent business unit of Grupo Bimbo, Bimbo Canada seeks to grow value-added bakery segments by focusing on health and well-being, and penetrating new bakery segments and channels of distribution. The business will continue to grow market leadership and margins by investing in the premium whole grain product category, and by delivering continued product innovation in other bakery and snack categories.
Bimbo Canada serves major grocery chains, retail outlets and foodservice operations across Canada. The company distributes branded products in the discount, mainstream and super-premium segments, and is the leading producer in most major bakery categories. It also produces private label products for grocery and foodservice outlet.
You would become a member of our maintenance team learning different skills by working alongside qualified license maintenance professionals in a fast-paced, food manufacturing environment. To ensure you are learning all the aspects of the trade, you will be required to attend school on a day release program. Where you will learn certain trade skills and apply them on the job. Attending school is a requirement of the program and the timing will be based on both the availability of the school schedule and the needs of the business.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION:
- Maintain all production and facility equipment in good working condition to maximize production uptime
- Conduct regular inspections on all machinery for defects and potential problems in accordance with EPDA’s preventative maintenance program, repairing and replacing parts as required, in time allotment specified
- Complete work assignments as directed through assignment of work orders; ensure all work is completed thoroughly, safely and in a timely manner
- Participating in course work and on the job training
- Courses will cover a wide range of technical knowledge, including codes, legislation and regulations, blueprint drawings, electrical theory, wiring, installations, controls, transformers and generators, power distribution, fluid power, pneumatic/hydraulic systems, high voltage, etc.
- Provide general assistance to the Electricians
- Operational problem solving and seeking out continuous improvements to the process
- Observe legislative standards for safe working conditions as outlined in the Occupational Health & Safety Act as well as rules and regulations outlined in the Employee Handbook
- Performs any and all other assignments as directed by your Supervisor or Department manager
REQUIRED SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
- Completion of high school or equivalent (GED)
- Must be registered with the Ontario College of Trades
- Must have completed or registered for 442A and in 3rd or 4th year
- Must possess good communication skills, both verbal and written
- Must be able to demonstrate good multi-tasking skills and deal with a rapidly changing work environment
- Must adhere to all company policies, procedures and practices,
- Strong technical/Mechanical background is considered a definite asset.
- Must be flexible and willing to work any shift/time
Please note all offers of employment at Bimbo Canada are conditional upon the successful completion of a pre-hire background check. This may include anything up to and including a criminal history check, reference checks and/or credit check.
Bimbo Canada is an equal opportunity employer that embraces diversity in the workplace and encourages applications from qualified women, men, visible minorities, aboriginal peoples and persons with disabilities. We welcome applications from all interested individuals; however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job seekers with disabilities who require accommodation during the recruitment process or would like more details about accessibility should contact Bimbo Canada Accessibility at CB_Accessibility@grupobimbo.com