Bimbo Canada is Canada’s largest bakery, operating for more than 100 years. It is a leading producer and distributor of fresh packaged breads and snacks with more than 1,000 products across 18 brands Canadians know and love, like Dempster’s®, Stonemill®, Villaggio®, Vachon® cakes and Takis®. Bimbo Canada is proud to feed Canadian families with safe, high-quality products they can trust made by Canadians, for Canadians at 16 bakeries, 14 distribution centres and 191 depots across the country. Bimbo Canada is a wholly owned subsidiary of Grupo Bimbo, the world’s largest baking company. Together, they are nourishing a better world with delicious baked goods and snacks by building a sustainable, highly-productive and deeply-humane company. We are dedicated to building a diverse workplace that promotes equity and belonging, where all associates can develop and contribute to the transformation of our company, the baking industry and our communities. For more, visit www.bimbocanada.com
In this role as Communications Advisor, you will have the opportunity to play a key role supporting Bimbo Canada’s journey to Nourish a Better World
by leading internal and external communications campaigns that drive awareness and understanding of the Organization’s vision, strategy, goals and key business objectives.
The successful candidate will have a proven track record of working collaboratively and possess exceptional writing skills to develop a wide range of effective and diverse external and internal communications strategies to drive engagement as well as protect, shape and enhance Bimbo Canada’s reputation.
The position requires someone with good interpersonal and consulting skills to support collaboration across all functions in the organization to lead strategic initiatives, advance the communications infrastructure, promote two-way dialogue and connect stakeholders, including our associates, business and trade media, corporate and field associates, company leaders, customers, consumers and our partners at Grupo Bimbo.
- Lead internal and external corporate social media channels. This includes developing, managing and executing the content strategy for the corporate website, corporate social media handles, internal associate portal, and digital signage in our facilities.
- Lead Grupo Bimbo’s internal corporate communications initiative execution to drive associate engagement at Bimbo Canada.
- Provide strategic counsel and develop communications plans and materials for a range of internal and external communications initiatives related to significant business developments. This will involve liaising with business leads, researching background information, gathering statistics and other core data, formatting documents, etc.
- Continually evaluate corporate communication opportunities and recommend enhancements and improvements to channels and processes.
- Stay current with internal communications trends and incorporate best practices into the planning and project management process to improve outcomes.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION:
- University degree in communications, business, journalism or a related field.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of relevant experience in an established communications role.
- Experience in the CPG or food industry an asset.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
- Strategic and agile, combined with the ability to navigate a large, complex organization.
- Must show exemplary work ethic with ability to work independently, think critically and solve problems.
- Well demonstrated oral and written communication skills and the ability to create and edit regular reports and announcements.
- Knowledge of social media principles and best practices.
- Strong organizational and project coordination skills with the ability to multi-task and prioritize while maintaining disciplined attention to detail within tight deadlines.
- Ability to evaluate impact, measure performance relative to peers and identify opportunities to sustain initiatives.
- Ability to meet deadlines and take accountability and drive results for assigned programs, deliverables, and results.
- Bilingual: English and French written and oral skills are a strong asset.
Some travel may be required within the country.
Volume/Complexity of Work
: A fast-paced work environment with multiple, tight and changing priorities.