Who are we looking for?
- Comprehensive benefits plan
- Associate rewards and recognition program
- Safety boot reimbursement
- Associate milestone awards
- Paid birthday off
- Product take home
- Annual company sponsored appreciation events
- Pension Program
- Employee and family assistance program (EFAP)
- Associate discount program for major vendors
We are currently hiring a forklift operator to be available for the afternoon shift and will be responsible for operating within the shipping and receiving department within the bakery.
Responsibilities and Skills
- Receive and deliver all raw materials and packaging to Production as required and return all unused material to the warehouse.
- Complete all documentation and perform data entry in Oracle for all receipts.
- Ensure all Food Safety guidelines as they pertain to receiving are followed.
- Process third part shipments using Oracle and hand held scanners.
- Pick and process Customer orders using Oracle and hand held scanners.
- Update pallet transactions using CHEP Portfolio.
- Ensure proper housekeeping in the warehouse is maintained.
- Participate in weekly and monthly cycle counts.
- Apply knowledge of Health and Safety practices, procedures and principles as well as working knowledge of OHSA.
- Existing Forklift certification and experience – Raymond Reach (reverse), counterbalance
- Push truck experience is an asset
- Occasional lifting greater than 50 lbs up to 75 lbs.
- Strong knowledge of Food Safety and HACCP policies and procedures in a food manufacturing facility.
- Ability to work overtime as required.
- Strong communication skills, in both verbal and written English
Who are we?
Bimbo Canada is a leading producer and distributor of packaged fresh bread and bakery products with brands such as Dempster’s®, Villaggio®, POM®, Bon Matin®, Ben’s®, Healthy Way® and McGavins®. Dempster’s is the national brand leader and a market leader in the health and well-being segment of bread products in Canada.