Bimbo Bakehouse (BBU) is the largest North American supplier of frozen, par-baked products to the retail, in-store bakeries and food service channels. In our mission to provide delicious and nutritious baked goods and snacks in the hands of all, we have an opening in maintenance out of our location in Concord. BBU is the frozen division of Grupo Bimbo, the world’s largest baking company. Our partner in the fresh business under the Grupo Bimbo banner is Bimbo Canada (formerly Canada Bread). While we operate independently from the fresh business, we remain part of the Grupo Bimbo (GB) family working towards shared goals and maintaining the same high standards. GB continuously strives to be a highly productive and deeply “humane” company and strongly believes that the associates of the company are core to its success
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Shift work that may require working on different shifts as skills demand arises.
- Working language is English.
- Communicate with lead-hand if problem arises with product or machine line.
- Packing or shaping of product at rate of production line.
- Promote a safe work environment.
- All other duties as assigned.
Physical Demands examples:
- Must meet the physical demands required for the job.
- Able to pack product in a fast paced environment and keep up with the standard line speed. Hand eye coordination and manual dexterity would be an asset.
- Ability to take direction from leadhand and supervisor.
- Ability to work with others and demonstrate respectfulness.
- Able to verbally communicate with others on shop floor.
- Able to learn basic food safety and safety concepts.
- Must be prepared to work extra hours when required.
- Must have excellent work and attendance record.
- Bending croissant dough shapes at a rate of 40 / min (using both hands)
- Folding turnovers at a rate of 52 / min (using both hands).
- Lifting ~3.0 kg of product and packing into box at a rate of 8 times / min.
- Feeding product into end-opened boxes at a rate of 56 / min.
- Lifting of 5 kg dough at a rate of 4 times / min.
- Periodic lifting up to 13 kg
Canadian food and beverage manufacturers are working on an urgent basis to adapt to the COVID-19 pandemic, with a goal that we all clearly share: to sustain the food supply chain at levels that will meet the needs of Canadians. Bimbo Canada takes this responsibility to feed Canadians with fresh baked products seriously
, especially during these uncertain days. By simply living our purpose of being highly-productive and deeply humane
, we remain laser focused during this crisis to strike the right balance of protecting our Associates’ safety and wellbeing while continuing to produce and serve all Canadians with the highest quality bread and snacks. We are currently hiring for a number of positions enabling us to continue to nourish Canadians in this time of need
Please reach out to https://www.bimbocanada.com/careers
for more information about roles and locations across Canada.