POSITION: Distribution Worker
REPORTS TO: Shipping Supervisor
LOCATION: Moncton, NB
SALARY: As per the collective agreement
Bimbo Canada has immediate openings for Distribution Workers at their Moncton Distribution Centre.
As a Distribution Worker, you are responsible to ship, receive and record the movements of incoming and outgoing materials. Associate works both as a member of crew and individually, under minimal supervision, to perform the functions of the job. The role requires following instructions and pre-established guidelines.
Please note: This is a part-time position and will be scheduled between Monday-Friday. Shift times can start between 6:00AM and 12:00PM and all shifts are 10 hours with a potential for overtime hours.
HOURLY RATE AND PREMIUMS OFFERED:
- $20.74 to start with an increase of 0.05 cents per hour each three (3) months of work.
- We offer a shift premium of $1.00 per hour which shall be paid for all hours worked between 9:00 p.m. and 6:00 a.m.
- There is a potential for overtime hours.
- Perform all duties pertaining to distribution; this includes both, shipping and receiving of our goods
- Operate a variety of shipping equipment (e.g. Push Truck) to load, unload, transport, and store materials into appropriate areas (e.g. Trailers)
- Prepare tickets using the computer, Oracle software system
- Maintain internal, manual or computerized record keeping system
- Unpack, breakdown, code, and route goods to appropriate storage areas
- Record shortages and reject damaged goods
- Inspect and verify incoming or outgoing goods against invoices or other documents
- Inspect shipping equipment, machines, and tools; report all malfunctions to supervisors
- Collect empty trays and refill Tray Unstacker; ensure sufficient supply of trays
- Ensure all work is carried out in accordance with Health & Safety legislation, Company Joint Health & Safety Programs, and Good Manufacturing Practices
- Actively participate in, and report all Health & Safety/Quality issues to Shift Supervisor/QA
- Other duties as required
- A grade 12 education is required or equivalent experience will be considered
- Previous experience working in a warehouse would be considered an asset
- We require positive individuals with flexibility to work varying shifts as this is an on-call position
- We require knowledge of the English language both, written and oral.
- Candidates should have strong communication and interpersonal skills as well as the ability to work well in a team environment
- Candidates should have a demonstrated track record of following all Attendance and Health & Safety protocols at all times
- Candidates must have manual dexterity, hand-eye co-ordination as well as attention to detail skills as they are a key requirement for this position
- Candidates must have the ability to work in a hot and humid work environment
- Candidates must have their own reliable transportation
- Candidates must have their own steel-toed safety boots
- Environment: Warehouse; this role requires the ability to work in a warm and humid work environment
- Volume of work: Physically demanding work environment that requires to work in a fast-paced environment and involves repetitive tasks and standing for extended periods
- Physical requirements: This role is physically demanding and therefore the candidate must be able to handle weight up to 40lbs.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send your resume by email to Lesley Baker, Human Relations Advisor at firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all applicants for their interest, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please note all offers of employment at Bimbo Canada (formerly Canada Bread Company, Limited) are conditional upon the successful completion of a pre-hire background check. This may include anything up to and including a criminal history check, reference checks and post-employment offer test.
Bimbo Canada is an equal opportunity employer that embraces diversity in the workplace and encourages applications from qualified women, men, visible minorities, aboriginal peoples and persons with disabilities. We welcome applications from all interested individuals; however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.