Bimbo Canada is a leading producer and distributor of packaged fresh bread and bakery products with brands such as Dempster’s®, Villaggio®, POM®, Bon Matin®, Ben’s®, Healthy Way® and McGavins®. Dempster’s is the national brand leader and a market leader in the health and well-being segment of bread products in Canada. The growth strategy is to focus on market leadership in all commercial bread categories. The company operates 17 bakeries and employs approximately 4,125 associates across Canada. It seeks to create value by leading innovation in products and service delivery in the bakery industry, enhancing distribution services and processes, and continuing to grow premium white and whole grain breads, tortillas, bagels, rye, buns and rolls.
As an independent business unit of Grupo Bimbo, Canada Bread seeks to grow value-added bakery segments by focusing on health and well-being, and penetrating new bakery segments and channels of distribution. The business will continue to grow market leadership and margins by investing in the premium whole grain product category, and by delivering continued product innovation in other bakery and snack categories.
Bimbo Canada serves major grocery chains, retail outlets and food service operations across Canada. The company distributes branded products in the discount, mainstream and super-premium segments, and is the leading producer in most major bakery categories. It also produces private label products for grocery and food service outlet.
This individual must demonstrate Grupo Bimbo Beliefs, have strong interpersonal, administrative and communication skills, and a strong customer service orientation. We depend on the Route Sales Representative to deliver Bimbo Canada baked goods on time to fulfill customers’ exact expectations and providing superior customer service.
This individual will:
- Report to Sales Support Manager or the specific territory manager as assigned.
- Take initiative and exercise timely and good judgment in day-to-day business decisions.
- Be responsible for all operating functions of a Bimbo Canada route including product load accuracy.
- Properly utilize the Bimbo Canada hand-held computer for ordering, invoicing and inventory management.
- Input all product orders required and satisfy customer needs.
- Sort product according to account plans or information acquired.
- Merchandise accounts and affixing Point of Sale material according to company standards.
- Monitor product movement in accounts and ensure proper distribution levels are met. Effectively maximize sales growth while minimizing sales waste. (Inventory management)
- Communicate regularly with customers regarding accounts to ensure all growth opportunities are taken advantage of, and customer satisfaction is achieved.
- Balance route according to product purchased to product sold.
- Conduct him/herself in proper professional business manner according to Company Standards.
- Prepare and complete communications reports and schedules, forms and documentation as required.
- Operate a straight truck. Maintain a safe working vehicle and ensure continued compliance with the Occupational Health & Safety Act and MTO vehicle operating requirements. Take immediate appropriate measures to provide for the health and safety of all coworkers and customers and yourself.
- Ensure security of vehicle, materials and products. Administer Company Policies and Procedures as required in business.
Route Sales Rep Personnel should have and/or develop in a timely fashion:
- Hour of operation may vary according to route and customer and business requirements. Workweeks are split; with an on-going requirement to operate with early morning start times.
- G driver license is required to operate most vehicles.
- Post-Secondary education in sales, operations, and management or business studies.
- Self-motivated, with good communication and strong customer service orientation.
- Knowledge of sales, merchandising, inventory control management.
- Ability to successfully use MS Excel and other computer software necessary for Bimbo Canada sales.
- High level of self-motivation and initiative, and acting as a strong team leader/member.