Bimbo Bakehouse (BBU) is the largest North American supplier of frozen, par-baked products to the retail, in-store bakeries and food service channels. In our mission to provide delicious and nutritious baked goods and snacks in the hands of all, we have an opening in Sanitation out of our location in Etobicoke. BBU is the frozen division of Grupo Bimbo, the world’s largest baking company. Our partner in the fresh business under the Grupo Bimbo banner is Bimbo Canada (formerly Canada Bread). While we operate independently from the fresh business, we remain part of the Grupo Bimbo (GB) family working towards shared goals and maintaining the same high standards. GB continuously strives to be a highly productive and deeply “humane” company and strongly believes that the associates of the company are core to its success
Duties & Responsibilities
- Responsible for completing tasks assigned from master sanitation program for the facility and for special assignments as determined by the Sanitation Supervisor.
- Help enforce requirements and procedures as instructed by the Sanitation Supervisor.
- Active participant in and contributor to continuous improvement initiatives and/or projects.
- Understand, and experience preparing and effectively utilizing general sanitation chemicals (Safety Handling, Applications, Dilutions), and equipment cleaning requirements on all lines and general housekeeping.
- Apply knowledge of Health and Safety practices, procedures and principles as well as working knowledge of OHSA.
- Ensure all required documentation is completed on timely basis and is accurate.
- Utilize and maintain in-house sanitation cleaning equipment including Foamers, Power washers, Vacuums, Sanitizers, and floor Scrubbers (training provided in house)
- Job tasks often require bending, significant walking, scrubbing above shoulder height, mopping moving objects, pull, push equipment etc.
- Understand, follow and maintain WHMIS procedures and regulations as required.
- Excellent physical condition with good energy and attitude
- Occasional lifting with a partner greater than 50 lbs up to 75 lbs.
- Occasionally to frequent exerting up to 35 lbs of force
- Must have ability to troubleshoot equipment within the production environment.
- Strong communication skills, in both verbal and written English
- Working knowledge of baking equipment including flour silos and functions.
- Strong knowledge of Food Safety and HACCP policies and procedures in a food manufacturing facility.
- Forklift, Boom, and Skyjack certification and experience.
- Ability to work overtime as required
: Full time, Permanent with competitive benefits
Wage: $16.75 per hour
Shift timings: Flexible, Must work on the weekend/ Rotating shifts