The Senior Food Safety & Quality Assurance Technologist should demonstrate leadership values* and have strong organizational, analytical, problem solving, and communication skills. We depend on this individual to quickly identify and help take action to ensure we are producing top quality and safe products.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION:
- Provide quick and precise answers to customer and consumer complaints. Investigate root cause in collaboration with the plant management team. Clearly communicate the investigation results to all stakeholders and is involved in complaint reduction projects.
- Manage the ingredients and products non-conformance system by filling out required reports, following up with outside suppliers or internal stakeholders accordingly to effectively resolve and prevent the reoccurrence of the non-conformities.
- Maintains and keeps the quality and food safety documentation up to date at plant level, including product specifications and formulas.
- Perform internal audits and inspections related to the food safety and quality system.
- Support the plant team during internal, third party or government inspections and audits.
- Monitor and verify compliance to our Quality System by a thorough review of all records and forms linked to product quality and food safety. Follows up accordingly in case of non-conformances.
- Manage the plant’s master training file, ensuring all associates go through all required training in a timely manner. Provide training on quality and food safety programs.
- Plan and execute the specialized tests and controls mandated through our Quality System.
- Provide support to the team in continuous improvement projects, following up on corrective action and customer requests and on the application of our Quality and Food Safety programs at plant level.
- Prepare and continue maintaining Key Performance Indicator trend reports.
- 5+ years’ experience in Food Quality Assurance, with in depth knowledge of HACCP, GFSI (BRC) and Quality Systems, preferably in the food industry.
- B.SC in Food Science or equivalent combination of academic and professional experience.
- Must be team oriented and be competent in interpersonal skills, including the ability to train and motivate individuals at the bakery floor level.
- Ability to be self-motivated and work without close supervision.
- Must also be able to demonstrate a high level of skill in diagnosis and analysis of data with the ability to draw conclusions and make recommendation for corrective action.
- Must have a moderate to high level of computer skills, including the use of statistical analysis, data analysis skills and report writing.
- Willingness to be flexible regarding shift work.