The Supply Specialist
is accountable for the effective supply of goods and services to the business by providing strong leadership as the single point of contact between the plants in the region and the Strategic Sourcing group.
The Supply Specialist
actively collaborates with the Strategic Sourcing Group, providing the voice of the business to ensure all critical needs are addressed in the category strategies. The Supply Specialist is accountable to enable and facilitate the implementation of approved sourcing strategies, working with appropriate cross-functional and operational teams within the business. In addition, this position will support co-manufacturing arrangements and aid the Strategic Sourcing Manager for co-manufacturing in ensuring our suppliers adhere to our standards and pricing arrangements.
- Provides strong leadership for the supply function within the business.
- Develops the appropriate linkage and reporting mechanism with the Strategic Sourcing Group and transactional processing group to transition to a shared service model that works effectively and efficiently.
- Accountable for providing the voice of the business and working with the Strategic Sourcing group to tailor category strategies to fit the business and balance global versus regional / business team needs.
- Leads the communication of approved sourcing strategies, key market factors, supplier capabilities, cost trends and forecasts to key stakeholders in the business ensuring support and commitment to the strategy. Provides direction on testing and approval needs during the development of the strategy.
- Accountable to drive the implementation of the approved sourcing strategy within the business working closely with other cross-functional teams.
- Manages all projects involving changes to the product offering (new product introductions, discontinuations, specification or performance expectations) effectively delivering on all critical timelines.
- Works in conjunction with the Strategic Sourcing group to evaluate and lead innovation and cost savings projects that are initiated by either the business unit or supplier.
- Delivers Supply Management best practice process support to the plant material supply coordinators and manages ongoing tactical supply operations and relationships, monitoring, reviewing and improving supplier performance in cooperation with other functional areas.
- Provides volume forecasts for planning and budgeting purposes to Strategic Sourcing.
Effective supply of goods and services to the business
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION:
- Category strategies clearly understood and supported by the business stakeholders
- Effectively managed product change process (New product introductions, discontinuation strategies, product specification changes etc.)
- Clearly defined volume forecasts for use in planning and budgeting
REQUIRED SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
- University degree preferred
- 2 to 3 years of work experience (preferably in supply chain or sales)
- Experience in managing complex projects with tight timelines
- Solid project and change management skills
- Strong Interpersonal skills, ability to work under time pressures
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate as an effective team member
- Good communication and problem solving skills
- Conceptual thinking to understand the total system flow to resolve issues