Canada Bread Company, Limited is a leading producer and distributor of packaged fresh bread and bakery products with brands such as Dempster’s®, Villaggio®, POM®, Bon Matin®, Ben’s®, Healthy Way® and McGavins®. Dempster’s is the national brand leader and a market leader in the health and well-being segment of bread products in Canada. The growth strategy is to focus on market leadership in all commercial bread categories. The company operates 19 bakeries and employs approximately 4,550 associates across Canada. It seeks to create value by leading innovation in products and service delivery in the bakery industry, enhancing distribution services and processes, and continuing to grow premium white and whole grain breads, tortillas, bagels, rye, buns, and rolls.
As an independent business unit of Grupo Bimbo, Canada Bread seeks to grow value-added bakery segments by focusing on health and well-being and penetrating new bakery segments and channels of distribution. The business will continue to grow market leadership and margins by investing in the premium whole grain product category, and by delivering continued product innovation in other bakery and snack categories.
Canada Bread serves major grocery chains, retail outlets, and foodservice operations across Canada. The company distributes branded products in the discount, mainstream, and super-premium segments, and is the leading producer in most major bakery categories. It also produces private label products for grocery and foodservice outlet.
Individual is responsible to ship, receive, and record the movements of incoming or outgoing materials. Associate works both as a member of crew and individually, under minimal supervision, to perform the functions of the job. The role requires following instructions and pre-established guidelines.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION:
- Operate a variety of shipping equipment (e.g. Reach Truck) to load, unload, transport, and store materials into appropriate areas (e.g. Trailers)
- Prepare tickets using the computer, Oracle software system
- Maintain internal, manual or computerized record keeping system
- Unpack, breakdown, code, and route goods to appropriate storage areas
- Record shortages and reject damaged goods
- Inspect and verify incoming or outgoing goods against invoices or other documents
- Inspect shipping equipment, machines, and tools; report all malfunctions to supervisors
- Ensure all work is carried out in accordance with Health & Safety legislation, Company Joint Health & Safety Programs, and Good Manufacturing Practices
- Actively participate in, and report all Health & Safety/Quality issues to Shift Supervisor/QA
- Other duties as required
- Completion of high school
- Experience is an asset
REQUIRED SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
- Raymond Reach
- Counter Balance
- Working knowledge of English both written and oral
- Mathematical and Computer skills
- Able to work flexible shift as required
- Attention to detail, work in a safe manner
- Able to work alone and as a team member
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Be able to follow GMP & Food Safety regulations
- Warm and humid working environment
- Cold working environment as well when loading into freezer
- Fast-paced manufacturing environment, repetitive tasks, and stand for extended hours
- Physically demanding, heavy lifting, must be able to handle weight up to 40 lbs.
Hourly Rate: $18/Hour
Please note all offers of employment at Canada Bread Company, Limited are conditional upon the successful completion of a pre-hire background check. This may include anything up to and including a criminal history check, reference checks and/or credit check.
Canada Bread Company, Limited is an equal opportunity employer that embraces diversity in the workplace and encourages applications from qualified women, men, visible minorities, aboriginal peoples and persons with disabilities. We welcome applications from all interested individuals; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
We are committed to providing barrier-free and accessible employment practices in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disability Act (AODA). Should you require accommodation at any stage of the recruitment process, please make them known when contacted and we will work with you to meet your needs