Bimbo Canada is Canada’s largest bakery, operating for more than 100 years. It is a leading producer and distributor of fresh packaged breads and snacks with more than 1,000 products across 18 brands Canadians know and love, like Dempster’s®, Stonemill®, Villaggio®, Vachon® cakes and Takis®. Bimbo Canada is proud to feed Canadian families with safe, high-quality products they can trust made by Canadians, for Canadians at 16 bakeries, 14 distribution centres and 191 depots across the country. Bimbo Canada is a wholly owned subsidiary of Grupo Bimbo, the world’s largest baking company. Together, they are nourishing a better world with delicious baked goods and snacks by building a sustainable, highly-productive and deeply-humane company. We are dedicated to building a diverse workplace that promotes equity and belonging, where all associates can develop and contribute to the transformation of our company, the baking industry and our communities. For more, visit www.bimbocanada.com.
We are currently looking to hire a Senior Product Developer to join our Innovation and Product Development team in Etobicoke, ON. This role requires a passionate self-motivated individual hands-on team player managing and participating in new product development activities towards scale-up executions. A passion for food science and technology with an ability to use Science and Technology to drive Innovation and meet consumers’ needs will be important.
Strong communication skills are required to effectively connect with the National Product Development and Marketing Teams. The successful candidate for this position must have the ability to effectively engage with functional leaders. This role may require hours in excess or outside of normal working hours to accommodate testing which is dependent upon line availability in the bakery. This role will also require occasional travel which may vary between periods of 0% travel up to 50% in a given month.
The Senior Product Developer will apply his/her technical, project management, and business acumen to lead product developers and project teams toward the right decisions on product innovation, re-design, commercial scale implementation, and project execution.
- Drive innovation, keep abreast of market trends and new technologies
- Product design and scale-up commercialization
Understand product performance and create solutions to deficiencies using technical knowledge, research guidance testing and plant trial testing.
- Project management and cross-functional team leadership
Lead within the project teams to keep the innovation and commercialization work synchronized with the other aspects of national product launch efforts.
Lead with the bakery and support teams to ensure no issues with production startup of new products by getting buy-in and implementation of the changes required to run new products.
Required Skills & Experience:
- Project documentation and communication.
- B.A.Sc. in Food Science or a related Science discipline
Please note all offers of employment at Bimbo Canada are conditional upon the successful completion of a pre-hire background check. This may include anything up to and including a criminal history check, reference checks and/or credit check.
Bimbo Canada is an equal opportunity employer that embraces diversity in the workplace and encourages applications from qualified women, men, visible minorities, aboriginal peoples and persons with disabilities. We welcome applications from all interested individuals; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job seekers with disabilities who require accommodation during the recruitment process or would like more details about accessibility should contact Bimbo Canada Accessibility at CB_Accessibility@grupobimbo.com
- Minimum 5 years in product development experience encompassing concept to launch of new products, preferably 2 years experience in Bakery.
- Must have hands-on experience working in large scale food industry environment. Knowledge of various bakery processes and equipment is a definite asset along with the ability to conduct lab / bench top baking.
- Strong project management skills and demonstrated ability to simultaneously handle a number of projects at various stages of development.
- Strong people management skills and experienced in providing leadership and direction to product developers and ability to work with cross functional teams and stakeholders for commercialization requirements.
- Strong technical report writing and presentation skills.
- Must have an advanced understanding and knowledge of food chemistry, ingredients impacting fermentation, formulae, statistics and recipe costing requirements.
- Valid driver license is required