Warehouse Associate – Competitive Wage, great benefits and flexibility
Would you like to work with a great team in a fast-paced environment ensuring we feed Canadians? We offer that plus great benefits, competitive wages, and more.
WHO ARE WE?
Bimbo Canada is a leading producer and distributor of packaged fresh bread and bakery products with brands such as Dempster’s®, Villaggio®, POM®, Bon Matin®, Ben’s®, Healthy Way®. Dempster’s is the national brand leader and a market leader in the health and well-being segment of bread products in Canada.
We are looking for candidate with minimal warehouse/ manual labour experience to join our team. Starting wage is $17.35 per hour. We are looking for morning shift 6AM - 2:30PM on Sun, Mon, Wed, Thurs and Fri.
WHY SHOULD YOU APPLY?
- Work as part of the Distribution Team, reporting to the Distribution Supervisor/Lead Hand
- Skilled in Picking, Loading and Receiving on PCDATA system
- Ensures excellent customer service through distribution accuracy and on-time delivery
- Communicate efficiently and respectfully with company associates, third party drivers, and franchisees
- Must have or be willing to obtain pallet certification (company will train)
- Ensures all required safety, health, environmental and security policies are complied with and being followed
- The distribution center requires manual work, assisted with the occasional use of fork lifts as required.
- All workers must follow safe work practices and wear protective equipment
- At times, associates may be required to lift up to 40 pounds
- Standing for long periods of time, as well as walking, pushing, pulling, bending, and twisting will be required
- Safety is our #1 priority
- Competitive wage with excellent benefits and premiums (overnight & weekend)
- 8 hours shift with overtime opportunities
- Great working conditions – Work indoors in warm, sanitary and well-ventilated conditions
To be considered for this role please apply with an updated resume by clicking “Apply Now” below.
We thank all interested applicants, but only those selected will be contacted. Please note all offers of employment at Bimbo Canada (Formerly Canada Bread Company Limited) are conditional upon the successful completion of a pre-hire background check. This may include anything up to and including a criminal history check, reference checks and/or credit check.
- Mathematical skills must be accurate
- Must be able to perform or willing to learn all the various functions within the DC
- Effective communication and teamwork skills
- Broad knowledge of the total product line is necessary